• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Genesis Ballistics Solutions--Android Now Available!!

Forgive me if I missed it. What is the estimated price point?

Hi,

Gus is taking this week off from all his hard work over the past several months. Immediately upon his return we will iron out the application cost.

Sincerely,
Theis

Possibility to have laser range finder connection ?

Hi Davide,

Nice to see you back and more active on the forum. You have lots of knowledge to share with the forum.

This first release will not have that option, although we have intentions to integrate into Vectronix (Just time and money, lol) as well as some of our own LRF systems from TPL.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: one shot ST
Hi,

Yes both the android and iOS will be released at the same time.
We are not making assumptions as to release date until we have some behind the scenes things taken care of in order to facilitate not only a smooth launch but the highly important customer service infrastructure and app support.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi @THEIS

Will it be available from the app store?

Hi,

Yes it will. For both the Android and iOS.

I have a LEMFO LEMT smartwatch on the way for us to see how things look and feel on its' small screen. I am hoping that functionality will not have to be diminished in order to get proper function on it.
That would make for a substantially cheaper competitor to the Garmin 701 systems.
1607198641221.png

Sincerely,
Theis

Problem being with these little tiny screens, is that font is proportional. I have a hard enough time reading standard text and emails on a 6.3" screen. Trying to read a range card on a 2" screen, even in landscape...

Very nice work Theis

Being a big fan of my Cold Bore in a Panasonic tuffpad mobile device and the Trasol in my Android this will be a great replacement on the phone. I’m surprised I didn’t catch this topic earlier, I guess its been a crazy year

Congratulations on a great direction and product.

Oneshot.onehit
JH

Can’t be any harder than this and this screen is 1.4” diameter
Is that a specific designed program for a "watch type" screen?

That is 5 lines of info. The screenshots of the app that we were leaked show 14 lines of data which may or may not have additional buffer/spacer lines between for a single firing solution.

Great idea, I like it, but the app has to be able to compensate for the screen size if one uses a wrist mounted display vs. a phone.

Reactions: THEIS
Hi,

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT brought to you by a non attorney spokesman, lolol

ColdBore update:

This update is important since it will automatically convert the current Tracks database to the format used by the Genesis Ballistics Solutions app (when available for both Android and iOS) so the user can easily exchange data files between the PC and the Phone. This time the update is related to supporting Kestrel pairing.

It’s quite critical to keep updated the software for several reasons, including the protection of your initial investment.
-This setup file will update the program to version 1.0.14.0 ( check current code version in the "About" menu )
-This setup file will update the User’s Manual to version 1.0.14.0

Installation steps :

Download (SAVE) the installer from the following link.
Click to start the download or copy the web address to your browser.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Avn8LPQokt3yszTnuw3vIZSyX_lq?e=qEabDy

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: LastShot300
Hi,

ColdBore update:

This update is important since it will automatically convert the current Tracks database to the format used by the Genesis Ballistics Solutions app (when available for both Android and iOS) so the user can easily exchange data files between the PC and the Phone. This time the update is related to supporting Kestrel pairing.

It’s quite critical to keep updated the software for several reasons, including the protection of your initial investment.
-This setup file will update the program to version 1.0.14.0 ( check current code version in the "About" menu )

Installation steps :

Sincerely,
Theis
Thanks for sharing, great update to CB, sharing files between the two is a winner move (y)

Hi,

ColdBore update:

Installation steps :

Sincerely,
Theis
Hi @THEIS

Is this CB update for the windows phone version only? I usually get an email for updates on the desktop or NOMAD (Windows CE) versions but I haven't seen any in a long time

Thanks for any info you can pass along as I fully plan to use your product when available

Hi,

Let me check with Gus as I am strictly messenger on that but I am pretty sure it is for desktop so users can use their computer for inputting Track information then transfer to Genesis App.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Let me check with Gus as I am strictly messenger on that but I am pretty sure it is for desktop so users can use their computer for inputting Track information then transfer to Genesis App.

Sincerely,
Theis
OK

I would appreciate any info you can forward my way

Thanks again

I might have missed this somewhere, But will this work with Weather flow or is going to just be Kestrel?
Hi,

For initial release we are integrated with Kestrel.

Sincerely,
Theis

Any hints on roll out date?

Hi,
We just figured out technical issue that I was having with downloading what will be the final revision before launch.
Gus is finalizing some of the encryption programs with a Germany company right now while I am waiting on State of Delaware to certify the company formation and supply as with the required State Certificate to house the app in the appropriate "Stores".

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Yes it will. For both the Android and iOS.

I have a LEMFO LEMT smartwatch on the way for us to see how things look and feel on its' small screen. I am hoping that functionality will not have to be diminished in order to get proper function on it.
That would make for a substantially cheaper competitor to the Garmin 701 systems.
View attachment 7492534

Sincerely,
Theis
Did this watch end up meeting your expectations?

Hi,

OK so knowing that we intend to do the instructional and live stream videos I decided to test drive a remote viewing program today while recording the screen.

This video discusses NOTHING, lol and shows nothing of Genesis except me running through various pages and the overall layout in order to see how much delay the remote controlling system has as well as the video quality.

So in me doing so you get a very brief non informal look at Genesis Ballistics Solutions program layout.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

@TxWelder35
Here is some more detailed information explaining why Genesis doesn't need custom drag models.

The Mathematical Predictive Model
The ballistics engine of Genesis Ballistics Solutions is a proprietary aeroballistics model based on a Kalman modified filter, which includes numerous proprietary extensions. The only resemblance to the method developed by the late Professor Arthur J. Pejsa ( who finished his research circa 1953 ) is just partially related to the way it handles the drag slope. This proprietary method has no velocity or range restrictions, covering the full spectrum from supersonic, transonic and subsonic trajectories at extended ranges with muzzle velocities starting at any sonic boundary, giving a continuous, non-linear solution. This engine is the result of over 3 years of original research in the field of aeroballistics.

It has been proved time after time its superior predictive capability over the traditional "Point Mass" method that is used on almost any other program, that requires the use of the G7 drag function to yield reasonable solutions in and beyond the transonic range. Even using G7 the results may be not satisfactory, usually calling for the so called "custom drag curves" and the use of "truing" procedures. None of these shortcomings are needed in Genesis Ballistics Solutions to produce outstanding predictions.

Many enhancements to the algorithms were developed, using both iterative and recursion approaches to solve the problem of computing downrange figures for velocity, time of flight and drop, the main variables of the solution from which others parameters are derived.

The model is an analytic, closed-form solution that doesn’t use tables generated for standard-shaped projectiles, a fact of paramount importance, since while it does not rely on the G1/G7 drag model used in most of the available programs, (some following the Mayeveski-Ingalls tables), the present method can use a readily available, G1/G7 ballistic coefficient as published, incorporating a custom drag function in order to model the specific projectile.

Since it effectively uses an analytic function ( of Mach number ) in order to match the drag curve of the specific bullet, it does not need to rely on other drag tables to approximate a better fit.

A ballistics software foundation rests in its ability to predict accurate trajectories, matching field results as the ultimate test.

Nearly all ballistic software take for granted that a specific drag function correctly describes the drag characteristics of a bullet as related to its ballistics coefficient, consequently, whether the bullet style is a flat-based, spitzer, a boat-tail, ULD, etc they take care of them to the same drag function as indicated by the published BC, usually the G1/G7 function.

The state of the art mathematical approach taken here, is quite different and a major improvement, of special application to the long range shooter.

Being practical, the use of the published BCs data as available, by almost every major bullet manufacturer is almost mandatory. However this program does not use it to calculate the changes to the drag function over the supersonic velocity range. In other words, this program ballistics engine uses a drag coefficient (DC) that affects the calculated rate of bullet deceleration.

Applying this DC, the resultant trajectory calculations are very accurate for that particular bullet because the drag function has effectively been tailored for that particular bullet.​

balengine_clip_image001.jpg

As the drag coefficient can be modeled as a simple function of the Mach number, the particular functional form of the drag coefficient allows variations in the shape of the drag curve to be considered parametrically.

It's easily demonstrated that the projectile trajectory and velocity history can be characterized in terms of three parameters: the projectile’s muzzle velocity, a parameter related to the muzzle retardation, and a single parameter defining the shape of the drag curve.

Other approaches ( on the market ) base their predictions on trying to make a match of a specific bullet ( yours ) to like drag data which is available to examine the variation of the drag coefficient with Mach number in the standard axisymmetric ( having symmetry around an axis ) projectile shapes, that were tested in the early to mid-1900’s.

These resulting drag curves are referred to as the Ingalls, G1, G2, G5, G6, G7, and G8 drag curves.

Most bullet manufacturers assume and publish the G1 drag function shape. Examination of the form of a G1 standard-projectile, will to the obvious conclusion that it doesn't apply to the modern boattail bullet shapes in common use today. The G7 or G8 shape is much more appropriate but general availability of these ballistic coefficients is almost nonexistent.

Particularly, the G1, G5, and G7 curves model a specific bullet form, since they were deduced from, and it's common for some programs to adapt ( modify ) the G1 drag curve in an effort to fit the G5 to G7 bullet shapes, and in other words, these approaches are, at best an improvement to model modern bullet shapes in order to make predictions more accurate.

That's why the BC must be defined as a function of velocity. The present solution uses the actual drag, and not rely on an average fit to a non-representative standard or table-based drag function.

In short, what these models can, is to compute accurate trajectory values if range is moderate, up to approximately 600 yards, beyond that, you need a different way to model air drag and to account specifically for a drag curve that matches your bullet dynamics. This is what this method does precisely.

The method used here takes on a different approach, since if the shooter takes the necessary effort to actually measure the Drag Coefficient, the model will make an almost perfect fit, under different environmental conditions, thus yielding very precise downrange values for Velocity, Time of Flight and Drop.​

Sincerely,
Theis

@THEIS maybe I missed it, but where does the data on each specific bullet come from? Is that something the shooter inputs or will you guys be populating the bullet library?

This is looking incredible and the price point should be very compelling for everyone!

@THEIS maybe I missed it, but where does the data on each specific bullet come from? Is that something the shooter inputs or will you guys be populating the bullet library?

This is looking incredible and the price point should be very compelling for everyone!

Hi,

It is a combination of both. There is a bullet library and you can input specific bullet data yourself when building your "Track".

You can line out the bullet parameters and save them to whatever you want to name that 'Track".

For example I have a track named 6mm Xiphos with bullet parameter outlined for Badlands Precision bullet.
I have a track named 6 Xiphos2 with bullet parameters from bullet library.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: rlsmith1
Well. Franks answer upon first reading it, was short and lacking info. Then here comes THEIS to give me the actual answer, and I realized very quickly that the real answer was completely over my head.

In conclusion, Franks answer was satisfactory 😂

Well. Franks answer upon first reading it, was short and lacking info. Then here comes THEIS to give me the actual answer, and I realized very quickly that the real answer was completely over my head.

In conclusion, Franks answer was satisfactory 😂

Hi,

Haven't even touched to "technical" surface lolol....

BUT wait; there's more...lots more, haha

The Drag Coefficient
The key element to compute accurate trajectories is the Drag curve, and of course its modeling via an appropriate function.

To accomplish this we need to know its initial values, its mean value and its maximum value, all across the supersonic, transonic and subsonic range or at any initial Velocity if not starting at typical rifle's velocities.

These aspects of the drag curve are modeled through a retardation factor <b>F</b>, or its inverse the deceleration A, slope factor ( the Drag Coefficient ) N, which is the rate of change of the retardation with range, and finally, the velocity at which the curve changes Vk, having reached its maximum value.

For the sake of simplicity and with the design criteria of being practical, the user only needs to deal with the slope factor, and that coupled with the G1-based BCs will yield very accurate results, so there is no need, at this level, to cope with velocities boundaries, since they are in fact modeled by the program itself, as well as the necessary different slope factors needed when the bullet's velocity goes through different sonic ranges.

Typically, this slope factor goes, in terms of bullet shape, from 0.1 ( flat-nose ) to 0.9 ( very-low-drag ), and a default value of 0.5 can be used for most modern spitzer-type bullets with confidence, and if not possible to obtain it from actual measurements, its value can be determined from bullet's shape.

However for maximum accuracy, especially at long range, its value should be determined by the method used here, which involves the measurement of four velocities ( loss ), that evaluate retardation <b>F, ( Fa and Fb )</b> at two known apart distances.

Do not confuse BCs with this drag value, since two bullets with the same BC may have different deceleration ratios, due to shape, materials, construction, barrel's twist rate, etc.

WARNING: It's important to remark, that this program does not favor any other method to evaluate it, especially those based on measuring Drop at a certain range, because there are so many errors that can be introduced it doesn't lend itself as being very viable. Its determination is totally affected by shooter/gun errors and in fact does not represent the actual problem of velocity, which can be measured very precisely by means which are both available and affordable.

That should be enough for today, :)

Sincerely,
Theis​

Reactions: W54/XM-388
When is the planned release? Apologies if you’ve already mentioned when in previous posts

Hi,

Haven't even touched to "technical" surface lolol....

BUT wait; there's more...lots more, haha

The Drag Coefficient
The key element to compute accurate trajectories is the Drag curve, and of course its modeling via an appropriate function.

To accomplish this we need to know its initial values, its mean value and its maximum value, all across the supersonic, transonic and subsonic range or at any initial Velocity if not starting at typical rifle's velocities.

These aspects of the drag curve are modeled through a retardation factor <b>F</b>, or its inverse the deceleration A, slope factor ( the Drag Coefficient ) N, which is the rate of change of the retardation with range, and finally, the velocity at which the curve changes Vk, having reached its maximum value.

For the sake of simplicity and with the design criteria of being practical, the user only needs to deal with the slope factor, and that coupled with the G1-based BCs will yield very accurate results, so there is no need, at this level, to cope with velocities boundaries, since they are in fact modeled by the program itself, as well as the necessary different slope factors needed when the bullet's velocity goes through different sonic ranges.

Typically, this slope factor goes, in terms of bullet shape, from 0.1 ( flat-nose ) to 0.9 ( very-low-drag ), and a default value of 0.5 can be used for most modern spitzer-type bullets with confidence, and if not possible to obtain it from actual measurements, its value can be determined from bullet's shape.

However for maximum accuracy, especially at long range, its value should be determined by the method used here, which involves the measurement of four velocities ( loss ), that evaluate retardation <b>F, ( Fa and Fb )</b> at two known apart distances.

Do not confuse BCs with this drag value, since two bullets with the same BC may have different deceleration ratios, due to shape, materials, construction, barrel's twist rate, etc.

WARNING: It's important to remark, that this program does not favor any other method to evaluate it, especially those based on measuring Drop at a certain range, because there are so many errors that can be introduced it doesn't lend itself as being very viable. Its determination is totally affected by shooter/gun errors and in fact does not represent the actual problem of velocity, which can be measured very precisely by means which are both available and affordable.

That should be enough for today, :)

Sincerely,
Theis​
Now you're just showing off! LOL

Neat stuff. Can't wait.

Now you're just showing off! LOL

Neat stuff. Can't wait.

Hi,

Now I am just copy and pasting, lol.

Sincerely,
Theis

When is the planned release? Apologies if you’ve already mentioned when in previous posts

Hi,

As soon as Germany encryption company gets things settled on their end and as soon as the State of Delaware sends us our Corporate Certificate as a business in good standings so the app can be hosted by Android and Apple.

Sincerely,
Theis

How is it looking for the version that is NOT for phones?
Such as a native Windows 7/10 program, and/or Linux program?