• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Genesis: my trainer.

Drummerjay08

Short Action Super-Freak
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2012
TN
Well here's how my trainer is starting its life. Tell me what ya think.

Ruger K10/22T
Bushnell Elite Tactical 10x40 Mil-Dot Reticle
Winchester Bi-pod (I know I know it's gonna be replaced lol)
Volquartsen Target Hammer
eBay Recoil Buffer
More to come!
7bf4c36a.jpg

Re: Genesis: my trainer.

Yep. Got about 725 rounds through it so far. I haven't got out past 200 yards yet but I know it's capable of at least 400 yards even with the factory barrel. I actually put a new paint job on it last night.
a6334d46.jpg

I love mine lol. I think I'm gonna slap on a Boyd's Tacticool next. What do you guys think?

Finished up the paint on it yesterday. This is my first ever paint job on a rifle or any weapon for that matter lol.

deac8519.jpg

464a6e11.jpg

aa818a7e.jpg

Nice set up! What is the expected barrel life on a .22 setup like this one?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ak74auto</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the expected barrel life on a .22 setup like this one? </div></div>

I cant imagine shooting out a .22 rimfire barrel. I should think that long before that happens, you will get bored and change it out for one of the gazillion aftermarket barrels. All it takes to change a barrel on a 10/22 is a flat bladed screw driver and an allen wrench.

Barrel life on a .22LR should get you through hundreds of thousands if not millions of rounds before you shoot it out or ever have to do anything to it provided you take care of your crown (obviously) and don't clean it to death. By dont clean it to death I mean dont put any solvents or chemicals down the bore until after 4000-5000 rounds. A pass or two with a dry patch after a long day of shooting will suffice. The thing about the .22LR is the bullets (at least the ones I'll ever use) are not jacketed and don't cause anywhere near as much grinding and wearing to the bore than a jacketed bullet does. Therefore, barrel life is tremendously increased.

is that the factory Hammer Forged target tactical barreled model? i haven't seen many stainless ones. that one is very nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kaotic504</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is that the factory Hammer Forged target tactical barreled model?</div></div>
This one isn't the Target Tactical model, just the Target model. Target Tactical has a 16" barrel. Mine (Target) has the 20" stainless barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kaotic504</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i haven't seen many stainless ones. that one is very nice. </div></div>
Thank you very much lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: geraldsd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How did you do the webs on the paint? I think that it looks very good. </div></div>
It's Krylon Webbing in a can. I found this stuff on Krylons website here and had to go all over God's creation to find it without ordering it online. Finally ended up finding it at Hobby Lobby.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ak74auto</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice set up! What is the expected barrel life on a .22 setup like this one? </div></div>

I think that depends on what you are shooting, subsonic waxed I could see a couple hundred thousand - hi velocity plated might be 30-50 thousand, either way the barrel replacement means little in overall cost

Super sweet setup. I have never seen a .22 barrel get worn out. The pressure of the round is too low for that.

There are plenty that get ruined by poor cleaning practices though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AR-180</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Super sweet setup. I have never seen a .22 barrel get worn out. The pressure of the round is too low for that.

There are plenty that get ruined by poor cleaning practices though. </div></div>
Thanks! And yes I agree lol. Lack of knowledge of the .22 LR is where I place the blame.

Ok here's an update. Got some BC flip ups, karstens cheek rest and an adjustable butt on there now. She's comin together nicely.

cde2075a.jpg

88008ed4.jpg

f90136d4.jpg

354b35d1.jpg

Great job on your trainer. Love the paint also. Thanks for sharing with us.