• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geofencing. Enlighten me.

Sure it is illegal, that never stops the government. They will simply make it legal or use it illegally and lie about it.

Remember the Boston bombers? They were arresting their friends and neighbors for at least 12 hours while they were lying to the media about being unable to find them. They were releasing shitty, grainy "security camera" pictures of them to the public and had millions of people on the internet doing searches of crowd sourced cell phone video and pics to find the bombers when they had perfectly good HD video and audio of them walking thru the crowds and planting the bombs from almost the first minute. As a matter of fact, the FBI knew who they were within the hour, since they had been in contact with them dozens of times over the previous two years.

The feds were using "meta data" from the trillions of cell phone records they keep on every person in America. Of course it is illegal for them to accumulate this data, they do anyway. It is illegal for the Feds to digitize old form 4473's from retired FFL's, they do it anyway. It is illegal for the government to use traffic camera to set up a data base of license plates and their typical traffic routes, they do this as well.

The "geo-fence" is popular in Great Britain where it is used constantly. Why? They said it was because, "criminals got there some how." It is also used to expose adultery, monitor for untaxed income, create a data base of peoples travel habits and various other nefarious reasons.

Reactions: AMGtuned
Dont be concerned. If your not doing anything wrong you've got nothing to fear.

1632059689396.png

Reactions: AMGtuned
Sure it is illegal, that never stops the government. They will simply make it legal or use it illegally and lie about it.

Remember the Boston bombers? They were arresting their friends and neighbors for at least 12 hours while they were lying to the media about being unable to find them. They were releasing shitty, grainy "security camera" pictures of them to the public and had millions of people on the internet doing searches of crowd sourced cell phone video and pics to find the bombers when they had perfectly good HD video and audio of them walking thru the crowds and planting the bombs from almost the first minute. As a matter of fact, the FBI knew who they were within the hour, since they had been in contact with them dozens of times over the previous two years.

The feds were using "meta data" from the trillions of cell phone records they keep on every person in America. Of course it is illegal for them to accumulate this data, they do anyway. It is illegal for the Feds to digitize old form 4473's from retired FFL's, they do it anyway. It is illegal for the government to use traffic camera to set up a data base of license plates and their typical traffic routes, they do this as well.

The "geo-fence" is popular in Great Britain where it is used constantly. Why? They said it was because, "criminals got there some how." It is also used to expose adultery, monitor for untaxed income, create a data base of peoples travel habits and various other nefarious reasons.
"The Bourne Ultimatum", waterloo station scene. They followed his ass right through town on camera. Seemed so far fetched to many at the time......

Great post

You are assuming that Google is going to fight for your rights as a citizen.

*You* can buy the data from third party and do the same thing: (you're tracking cell phones)
Draw your own geofence around (drug stash houses, cheating girlfriend's home, sensitive work site with lots of armed guards, badges, etc, presidential security detail at away-hotel (there's an article on this last one)).
Buy the metadata for that site for say 10 days spread over 2 months.
Now it's Analysis time: Where do those cell phones sleep at night? - You have the map.
Who lives at that location? Spokeo, Lexis Nexis, etc to find out all the details of them, and their family.
(If you're clever and a little ethics (and legal) insensitive, you can get credit reports and history.)
Want to track that person in real time? Look for a used Harris Triggerfish on eBay or look for cellular sniffers on foreign electronic websites and track and listen away...

All without a warrant.
To quote something a manager at the FBI Tech Center told me while consulting there on a Comsec issue "We don't need a warrant if we're not going to court". (See any arrogance there?)

Oh by the way, foreign intel agencies already do this here and abroad.

Last edited:
Reactions: HeavyAssault
Remember, this is the same government that illegally monitors and collects all your data, headed by people that will lie under oath to congress about it.

And then when they retire, they disseminate the news at places like CNN...

*You* can buy the data from third party and do the same thing: (you're tracking cell phones)
Draw your own geofence around (drug stash houses, cheating girlfriend's home, sensitive work site with lots of armed guards, badges, etc, presidential security detail at away-hotel (there's an article on this last one)).
Buy the metadata for that site for say 10 days spread over 2 months.
Now it's Analysis time: Where do those cell phones sleep at night? - You have the map.
Who lives at that location? Spokeo, Lexis Nexis, etc to find out all the details of them, and their family.
(If you're clever and a little ethics (and legal) insensitive, you can get credit reports and history.)
Want to track that person in real time? Look for a used Harris Triggerfish on eBay or look for cellular sniffers on foreign electronic websites and track and listen away...

All without a warrant.
To quote something a manager at the FBI Tech Center told me while consulting there on a Comsec issue "We don't need a warrant if we're not going to court". (See any arrogance there?)

Oh by the way, foreign intel agencies already do this here and abroad.
YIKES!! As I look further into this, I see the various companies that are sellings apps and spying devices.................A world hooked on convenience and gone mad.

Leave your cellphone behind

So I went to renew my license plates the other day. The state buildings are still doing mask mandates which rubbed me wrong and put me in a less than cheerful mood. I returned to my truck and grabbed one and headed back I in.

When I came through the door there was a person posted at the entrance inquiring why you are entering the building. I told him. He said he required my name, reason for being there, address and cell number. (? Wtf does this little turd need all this info just for me to renew plates). I ask him why they need all this info? His reply was “ it’s just how we do it now. When it’s your turn at the license branch you will receive a text.” Hmmm they must be busy??? So I ask him what the wait time is. His reply was “ you are third in line and can go ahead in the office and they will help you.”

See what they did there???

Just updated their tracking info on you.

Btw, MN just released a statewide vaccine verification app. This was a joint operation with the state health department and….. who?? An internet social media screening company and produces background checks on someone social media footprint

So I went to renew my license plates the other day. The state buildings are still doing mask mandates which rubbed me wrong and put me in a less than cheerful mood. I returned to my truck and grabbed one and headed back I in.

When I came through the door there was a person posted at the entrance inquiring why you are entering the building. I told him. He said he required my name, reason for being there, address and cell number. (? Wtf does this little turd need all this info just for me to renew plates). I ask him why they need all this info? His reply was “ it’s just how we do it now. When it’s your turn at the license branch you will receive a text.” Hmmm they must be busy??? So I ask him what the wait time is. His reply was “ you are third in line and can go ahead in the office and they will help you.”

See what they did there???

Just updated their tracking info on you.

Btw, MN just released a statewide vaccine verification app. This was a joint operation with the state health department and….. who?? An internet social media screening company and produces background checks on someone social media footprint

I don't have a facebook account. I don't have a twitter account. I don't have an instagram account. Outside of 2 or 3 forums, I don't have any social media accounts.

I don't have a google account. I don't have any apple accounts. I have never logged into the googleplay store nor downloaded any aps to my phone. Nor will I ever.

I renew my plate in the mail or online from a home PC. Half the time when I go somewhere I leave my phone at home. If I need to find some place I use a stand-alone GPS that has zero connectivity to any external system. No wifi, no 4G LTE, no nothing. I has native maps and receives GPS satellite signals. It can't be tracked.

Defeating license plate recognition is as easy as this:
1632142076488.png

Works especially well when your license plate numbers are printed, not stamped.

Reactions: Badfinger
I don't have a facebook account. I don't have a twitter account. I don't have an instagram account. Outside of 2 or 3 forums, I don't have any social media accounts.

I don't have a google account. I don't have any apple accounts. I have never logged into the googleplay store nor downloaded any aps to my phone. Nor will I ever.

I renew my plate in the mail or online from a home PC. Half the time when I go somewhere I leave my phone at home. If I need to find some place I use a stand-alone GPS that has zero connectivity to any external system. No wifi, no 4G LTE, no nothing. I has native maps and receives GPS satellite signals. It can't be tracked.

Defeating license plate recognition is as easy as this:
View attachment 7706681

Works especially well when your license plate numbers are printed, not stamped.
We are not much different.

I usually renew online but I missed it this year and only had 2 days left on my grace period.

I have one social media si.nothing else.

I try to remake as gray as possible.

There are so many and for “them “ to track you it’s crazy.

Reactions: Badfinger