• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater George Carlin's American Dream

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
Just caught the first half of this documentary and it is really excellent.

Carlin's mastery of language and words was always inspirational. Not just 'dirty words' but all words and language. VeerG would have said the same.

We joke about grammar Nazi's. But the reality is that words do matter. And mastery of them is more powerful than any kinetic weapon.

My college yearbook quote was "The pen is mightier than the sword... and I have a word processor."

This is what George Carlin was all about. Never letting someone else limit the words you use... or your mastery of language.

Totally worth watching. Especially to see his evolution from a 'square' joke comic to a counter-culture icon who really, really was one of America's first libertarian.

Totally worth watching!

Sirhr

Watching part 2 now, about 30 minutes in...talking about Republicans.

"Isn't it funny how all of these people that are against abortion, are people you wouldn't want to fuck anyway?" -George Carlin

Funny how that has changed...all of the people that are pro abortion now, are definitely people I wouldn't want to fuck.

Loved his thoughts... like how to cure racism - everybody fuck everybody until we're all the same color

Reactions: fx77
Just caught the first half of this documentary and it is really excellent.

Carlin's mastery of language and words was always inspirational. Not just 'dirty words' but all words and language. VeerG would have said the same.

We joke about grammar Nazi's. But the reality is that words do matter. And mastery of them is more powerful than any kinetic weapon.

My college yearbook quote was "The pen is mightier than the sword... and I have a word processor."

This is what George Carlin was all about. Never letting someone else limit the words you use... or your mastery of language.

Totally worth watching. Especially to see his evolution from a 'square' joke comic to a counter-culture icon who really, really was one of America's first libertarian.

Totally worth watching!

Sirhr
When I was young I couldn’t relate to his style but also not mature enough to really open mind and “hear“ what he was saying. The older I get the more I appreciate not only his comedy but the message behind it. Truly one of a kind.

He has been one of my favorite comedians for many years.
FB_IMG_1512148206305.jpg

Reactions: Animal357 and fx77
Watching part 2 now, about 30 minutes in...talking about Republicans.

"Isn't it funny how all of these people that are against abortion, are people you wouldn't want to fuck anyway?" -George Carlin

Funny how that has changed...all of the people that are pro abortion now, are definitely people I wouldn't want to fuck.
liberal women have always been frightening. they're ugly inside and out.

When you think about him I wonder how he would fair in todays world.

He’s still my favorite comic. The first special of his that I saw was in the 90’s when he turned angry. I had some of his older stuff on cd and I was able to see some of it when YouTube started. But my favorite of his material is still when he turned into a bitter old cocksucker. I was also able to see him live but it was when he was really old and had clearly lost a step. It was still absolutely worth it though

Not Well
He was a true genius of sorts. What a career
I think he’d be better if he could take advantage of the technology available. If he was in his 50’s now, used the internet properly and had his own podcast I think he’d be approximately what Bill Burr is right now.

I don’t know if anyone pays attention(I kind of pay attention) to stand-up now but there’s two completely different segments currently. There’s the woke, pc, network television group that is just fucking awful. There’s also the group that has figured out how to make the online world work for them and that group is fucking killing

Reactions: fpgt72
I think he’d be better if he could take advantage of the technology available. If he was in his 50’s now, used the internet properly and had his own podcast I think he’d be approximately what Bill Burr is right now.

I don’t know if anyone pays attention(I kind of pay attention) to stand-up now but there’s two completely different segments currently. There’s the woke, pc, network television group that is just fucking awful. There’s also the group that has figured out how to make the online world work for them and that group is fucking killing

Or is on the receiving end of being killed, we just need to look a few weeks ago for dave chappelle.

Never really that big a fan of his....his stuff was funny but you always walked away going.....oooohhhh, wow. Can't believe he said that.

This is a pretty open place and I have been a member here for a while, but not sure how this will fly.....guess I will give it a try. This was on TV.

Reactions: The D
Or is on the receiving end of being killed, we just need to look a few weeks ago for dave chappelle.

Never really that big a fan of his....his stuff was funny but you always walked away going.....oooohhhh, wow. Can't believe he said that.

This is a pretty open place and I have been a member here for a while, but not sure how this will fly.....guess I will give it a try. This was on TV.

Love this skit so much