• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

georgia arms

Re: georgia arms

I spent the first 25 years of my life living 30 minutes from GA arms and before I stated reloading I bought all my ammo from them. They offer good products and last time I bought ammo from them their prices were good.

I shot the 175 grain Boat Tail Hollow Point and was pleased with the performance. Balistics were consistent and very similar to Federal GMM...at half the price!

Delivery times got quite long last year and I started reloading, so I have not used them in some time.

The web site indicates that delivery times are improving.

Mixed results, About 2 years ago my buddies and I purchased about 30K rounds of 223 and 308. The 223 canned heat yeiled about a 3"MOA regardless of the AR RRA DPMS JP Pre. 16 to 20" tube all with a 1:8 twist. The Match 223 would shoot consistent sub .75 groups to 300 yards in most gas guns. Had silver primers, a cannalur and 68 Grain HP Boat Tail Bullets. No idea who makes those. Appeared to be reloaded with 748 24.5 grains of powder were used.
The 308 canned heat 150 grain was about a 2 to 2.5 MOA bullet in most Gas guns from 16 to 20 inch tube. The 169 match 308 was about a 1.25 MOA out to 200 yards with a gas gun. Perfectly fine ammo for most 3 gun matches. No failure to fire or feed or seat with all rounds.
I have not been able to duplicate the origianl 223 68 match load, I wish I could. Recently one of my buddies went back for some more 223 68 match ammo and although he got great results with the first batch from 2 years ago the replacement ammo did not perform as well as the original stuff.
Hope this helps

i guess i should have added earlier that i shot some 168gr target loads in my sps this weekend. after the breakin of the barrel it shot under half inch 3 shot groups at 100yds. i was just wondering if anyone else had shot these. i also was wondering how they perform farther out because i have not tested them out yet. they are great for the price no doubt.

I ordered a bunch of ammo from them about this time last year. I have shot quite a bit of their 308 ammo in different flavors. It shoots OK. Goes bang every time and groups a bit over an inch in my FNAR. I also have some 223 that I haven't shot, and apparently I ordered something else because I got a shipping notification today. 33 pounds of something. It will be like christmas because I have no idea what I ordered and its been a year.