• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

(Georgia) Old member escaping California need advice for North Georgia (Atlanta)

ANGLICOMarine

Retired Marine
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2008
Atlanta, Georgia
I just finished up my 20 years in the Marine Corps just accepted a position in north Atlanta (Suwanee), and can't wait to get there and settle down. That being said, I'd like to get some advice on where to shoot (and dispose of my bullet buttons) once there. Any guidance would be appreciated...look forward to meeting some of you folks on the range!

“Free at last, Free at last, Thank God almighty I am free at last.”

Last edited:
I just finished up my 20 years in the Marine Corps just accepted a position in north Atlanta (Suwanee), and can't wait to get there and settle down. That being said, I'd like to get some advice on where to shoot (and dispose of my bullet buttons) once there. Any guidance would be appreciated...look forward to meeting some of you folks on the range!

“Free at last, Free at last, Thank God almighty I am free at last.”

Welcome aboard!

On the north side of atlanta i would look at the elberton range. 400 yards daily range, 1k open on weekend. website online.

I shoot most of my stuff at charles elliot when playing, elberton is 2.5 hours away so i go rarely, but its a nice facility. iM non the southside though, someone from that area may have something closer for you.

Old Peachtree Road, about 6 miles east of Suwanee. I don't know if it's operational yet. I looked at the project when it came out earlier in the year. Off memory, it had some indoor 100 yd lanes.

The way the crow flies, Accurate Ordnance (Builder / Good Folks) is about 20 miles east in Winder and Gunsite Hills is about 60 miles in Lexington.