• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Get better, Rush!

You are in my prayers, Rush. Hang tough.

He always refers to his, "previously nicotine stained fingers" sign of heavy smoker
I heard his program on Day 1 on the radio and said to self
"Finally someone who thinks like me and my father!"

Reactions: vwhugger
Dangit I've always wondered if his smoking would catch him. Big shoes to fill.....I listen to Dennis Prager on Rush commercial breaks....hope we get someone with 1/2 Rush's pedigree to fill that void when he pushes back.

Hope he beats it and I pray that he does. IIRC - he has always anticipated what the leftists and Democrats would do before they made their move.

Hope he beats it and I pray that he does. IIRC - he has always anticipated what the leftists and Democrats would do before they made their move.
It's one of the many aspects of his show that drives dems nuts. Daily he pulls up an old show clip calling his shot weeks...6 months...a year in advance.

Reactions: fx77
Wow, you can see in the photo on Fox News that he's sick. Really gaunt looking. This year is turning out sucky already and we're only in February. First my my Neil Peart, soon to be my critter, this news.......man...

Only guy I heard telling the truth about what NAFTA was before they shoved it through.
He was dead right.

R

Maybe so, but what kind of Republican candidates did he support since then? A bunch of "free traders", that's who. But, hey, no one's perfect, and I don't think this is the time to pick apart the man's mistakes.

Regardless of his misguided support for a variety of neocons and RINOs, he still did more to further the cause of conservatism among the broader public than anyone else of this era. It's important to remember that, before he came along, the torch was mostly carried by a bunch of Ivy League and Brookings Institution snoozers like Bill Kristol.

Hell, Rush deserves our gratitude even if the only thing he accomplished was to shine the brown spotlight on political correctness.

Maybe so, but what kind of Republican candidates did he support since then? A bunch of "free traders", that's who. But, hey, no one's perfect, and I don't think this is the time to pick apart the man's mistakes.

Regardless of his misguided support for a variety of neocons and RINOs, he still did more to further the cause of conservatism among the broader public than anyone else of this era. It's important to remember that, before he came along, the torch was mostly carried by a bunch of Ivy League and Brookings Institution snoozers like Bill Kristol.

Hell, Rush deserves our gratitude even if the only thing he accomplished was to shine the brown spotlight on political correctness.
The above wasn't a full endorsement.
Have disagreed with Rush more than once.
Also he blew his own horn more than my tastes allowed.
Like all men tarnish is apparent somewhere.

R

He does love the womens movement... :-D

He always refers to his, "previously nicotine stained fingers" sign of heavy smoker
I heard his program on Day 1 on the radio and said to self
"Finally someone who thinks like me and my father!"
Me too!

The above wasn't a full endorsement.
Have disagreed with Rush more than once.
Also he blew his own horn more than my tastes allowed.
Like all men tarnish is apparent somewhere.

R

I agree with you, everyone has faults if you look with open eyes. But I have to say, his horn-blowing is all tongue-in-cheek. "Talent on loan from God." "Exercising host duties flawlessly. Zero mistakes." Its just the opposite of self deprecating humor, and he uses it as a shtick. No one has made me burst out laughing at work than Rush. When his broadcasting days are done, its his humor I'll miss the most.

Prayers for Rush........you have your thought about him, and I have mine.........

Well, he's got a rough battle ahead of him. I hope for his sake,and our Republic, that he makes it through with flying colors. The guy has been through a lot already, addiction, deafness, multiple divorces, living in CA ...not that he hasn't done well for himself, but I don't think it's worth it. Anyway, sending out my prayers.

Like him or not, you can't deny that he has done a lot of good and is a strong voice for liberty. Hope he pulls through this ok, we still need the guy to do his thing.

Only guy I heard telling the truth about what NAFTA was before they shoved it through.
He was dead right.

R
Refresh my memory here....didn't Ross Perot warn about NAFTA (among other things)? I still love his analogy that went something like "Bill, running Arkansas is like running the corner drug store; running the USA is like running Walmart."

Lifelong defender of big tobacco and denier of lung cancer science gets lung cancer from tobacco. Who would have thunk it?

Now he's the first one over at the top cancer centers praying for help from the experts he denounced for decades.

Maybe Phillip Morris will send a nice flower arrangement to his funeral.

Reactions: Lesch
Fake Conservative, RINO, and pill junkie. Yeah, let's wish him well. :rolleyes:
that's just ugly. fully expected the haters to come out, but sad to see it here.

Last edited:
I agree with you, everyone has faults if you look with open eyes. But I have to say, his horn-blowing is all tongue-in-cheek. "Talent on loan from God." "Exercising host duties flawlessly. Zero mistakes." Its just the opposite of self deprecating humor, and he uses it as a shtick. No one has made me burst out laughing at work than Rush. When his broadcasting days are done, its his humor I'll miss the most.
infinitely more perceptive than rthur

Lifelong defender of big tobacco and denier of lung cancer science gets lung cancer from tobacco. Who would have thunk it?

Now he's the first one over at the top cancer centers praying for help from the experts he denounced for decades.

Yeah cause you only get lung cancer if you smoke. I guess they should shut down lung cancer treatment and research. Quit wasting money on those smokers.

“Jerry Garcia has died. We can all get jobs now.” ~ Rush Limbaugh

Reactions: Lesch and MtnCreek
Refresh my memory here....didn't Ross Perot warn about NAFTA (among other things)? I still love his analogy that went something like "Bill, running Arkansas is like running the corner drug store; running the USA is like running Walmart."
Ross may have.
Remember hearing Rush on the radio day after day about the pitfalls.

R

I wish him the best, I like him, but lots of people don't, fine. He wouldn't like you either .

May have been. I remember Pat Buchanan being the anti nafta candidate.

revel in someone else's misfortune? sad.

Fake Conservative, RINO, and pill junkie. Yeah, let's wish him well. :rolleyes:
You are so young, big sigh. if you had only listened to him . Yes he did support some rinos early on we did not know the real history on some until after the fact. OK you deal with years of pain ,back /spine injury surgerys many people had/have these issuses aka narc abuse. Without Rush there would not have been the conserv ative awakening in the 90's.

What is wrong with you! So he smoked. Many people get lung cancer w/o ever having smoked .

I was diagnosed with tonsil cancer in 2007 and had not had tonsils since I was 3 or smoked a day in my life. Treatment for cancer, especially something like lung cancer, is hell. Bad things happen and try as me might, we don't always know why. It is called life. It is pathetic to revel in someone's misfortune. I don't usually respond to such posts but this is just wrong. Show some decency, you would want that if things were reversed.

Viking funeral, with Ginsberg at his feet.

As many here know, I had A/O induced Non-Hodgkins in 1993, and beat it; then had A/O induced Hodgkins in 1996, and beat it, too.

I could have all too easily gotten hooked on my meds as well; but somehow, I beat that too.

I think Rush walks on water. But I also think he's met his match.

Please, God, let me be wrong.

Lung Cancer is just about unbeatable; it may not get you at first, but eventually it gets just about everyone it touches, both the good and the bad.

Too old and weary to fear death all that much anymore, this one truly scares me.

Greg

Last edited:
I heard the news this morning. So Rush was my neighbor, but I would more accurately say acquainted than friend or even friendly. I was closer to his then wife Michelle. (Good Lord she was HOT!!)
Anyway, I digress as I perused old memories of him.
I do wish him the very best. What people hear on the radio is not the "real" person. It's schtick for the audience. Or so he told me... lol.

Prayers sent to you El Rushbo. Don't go now, there's much work to do that only you can do.

Reactions: fx77 and Yasherka
"There are no atheists in a foxhole " same goes for pro smokers in the cancer centers

So, my fondest radio memory of Rush is this:

Way back when he used to play cuts of certain songs to intro different special segments of the show.

One of them was "Uno Paloma Blanca" by Slim Whitman... IIRC that was the lead into a "feminazi" segment. Not sure.

Anyway, one Monday he declared he accidentally played that record backwards and discovered something truly frightening. He then played the song backwards on air and one could hear a satanic message. "Heh, heh, you found me. That's right, old Beelzebub himself....." If you listened closely enough, you realized that it was Rush's barely disguised voice.
It was a joke that perpetrated the whole week. Now some sly folks understood what was going on and called in to express they were part of the joke. But you would be surprised at how many thought it was real, destroyed their Slim Whitman albums (what was that? Like 3 people in the whole US? Lol). Anyway, it did create quite the stir and was likely my favorite whole week of radio in my life. The call ins were priceless!! Oh, the gullibility of people.

I was diagnosed with tonsil cancer in 2007 and had not had tonsils since I was 3 or smoked a day in my life. Treatment for cancer, especially something like lung cancer, is hell. Bad things happen and try as me might, we don't always know why. It is called life. It is pathetic to revel in someone's misfortune. I don't usually respond to such posts but this is just wrong. Show some decency, you would want that if things were reversed.
thank you so much for that

Yes, Ross describes that "big sucking sound" taking jobs from the US to Mexico. He was right.

Didn't you mention his wife at the time was very pretty?
Oh yeah. One of the loveliest women I ever met. I mean that truly. At the time, he wasn't rich nor famous and those around us were saying "what does she see in him?".

Last edited:
Reactions: timesublime