• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns get or wait for the Ruger 57

CarbonMTN

224 Overbore
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2012
NV
I love the 5.7, I'm super glad Ruger is coming out with the RUGER 57. Next they just need to come out with the Ruger American bolt gun in 5.7 and I'll be in heaven....

BUT this is my question. I want one... like bad but I want a threaded barrel to go with it SO I can put my OSS RAD22 on it.. Should I wait a few months to see if Ruger has any recalls/other models or just get one now and pray that I can get a barrel for it later?

much like a new car year... I'd wait a year personally. Also trying to suppress a 5.7 is not going to be that quite...

Never shot subs from my gun, always shot 40g loads. Definitely not Hollywood quiet but not much different than other stuff

if you want on get one the gun looks nice the round is the only thing that holds me back on them , but maybe that's just me .

Plenty of gunsmiths could turn your barrel and throw an adapter on it. Tornado Technologies in Oregon has done similar work for me on a number of weird guns I wanted threaded. That being said, if you want to shoot a 5.7 with subs just shoot a 22. But a 5.7 with supers suppressed is awesome too.

I'd wait a bit and see if there are going to be other models/and or problems. It's easy for me though I have a USG, and a PS90. As far as suppressing one, it isn't any different than suppressing a Creedmoor, et al.

I have both an FN PS90 and a RUGER 57. The two things I'm doing for the57 are: 1.) black Cerakote on the slide 2.) HOLOSUN 508 red dot sight.
I like the 50 yard accuracy of the RUGER 57 with the factory open sights and I think I can improve on it with the red dot sight.

BTW, for both the the PS90 and RUGER 57 I bought 2 double magazine pouches from The Vest Guy and really like the quality. I custom ordered Crye Multi Cam Cordura cloth and FSE polymer QR buckle closures. That's what I like about TVG, the ability to order exactly what you want.