• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Getting another MWS, cant decide on......

mstennes

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2009
North Central Washington
So I sold my DSA FAL Para, over the weekend, along with my SCAR 17, I have one MWS with a SS 20" barrel setup for long range, I want to get another MWS, but I cant decide on a 16" chrome lined or 16" Stainless barrel, thoughts? I guess I should ad that I plan on using it for a do all FAL/SCAR 17 replacment rifle, with a bias toward accuracy, and portabilty, ie truck rifle.

Re: Getting another MWS, cant decide on......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mstennes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I sold my DSA FAL Para, over the weekend, along with my SCAR 17, I have one MWS with a SS 20" barrel setup for long range, I want to get another MWS, but I cant decide on a 16" chrome lined or 16" Stainless barrel, thoughts? </div></div>

Seems to me the chrome lined barrels have been producing relative accuracy to the stainless. Personal choice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body">chrome lined and yes it can be cut. </div></div>
Wish I lived in a free state where I could shorten one. I was leaning SS as I have a unfired CL in my safe off my 20"

How far are you going to be shooting? The SS MAY only get you a .25MOA better group over the chrome lined.. is it worth the extra cost for a marginal increase?? That is up to you and your needs/budget.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hawk45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How far are you going to be shooting? The SS MAY only get you a .25MOA better group over the chrome lined.. is it worth the extra cost for a marginal increase?? That is up to you and your needs/budget. </div></div>

Is this really happening, .25MOA better groups from stainless?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Angry_Pirate</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm thinking it'd be noticeably better. </div></div>

I think that most women should fall in love with me at first sight, but I don't know that it's happening.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Angry_Pirate</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm thinking it'd be noticeably better. </div></div>

I think that most women should fall in love with me at first sight, but I don't know that it's happening.</div></div>

I think that most women fall in lust with me at first sight, then things start happening, then I'm getting in trouble with the wife.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Angry_Pirate</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Angry_Pirate</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm thinking it'd be noticeably better. </div></div>

I think that most women should fall in love with me at first sight, but I don't know that it's happening.</div></div>

I think that most women fall in lust with me at first sight, then things start happening, then I'm getting in trouble with the wife. </div></div>

I guess it's not happening for me then. Damned

laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hawk45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How far are you going to be shooting? The SS MAY only get you a .25MOA better group over the chrome lined.. is it worth the extra cost for a marginal increase?? That is up to you and your needs/budget. </div></div>
Not enough to pay the differance, what say 600 max? I have other rifles for long range work. I went with a CL barrel, I figured if I feel the need for chrome, I can buy one.