• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Getting into .408 I have lots of ?'s

TheMyth

Private
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2010
SW Wisconsin
Hey everyone. i'm looking into having a lawton .408 cheytac built. i am very new to the .408 round and have many questions. i guess the simplest thing to do is just list them.

-Any reloading info you guys have would be great: powder, primers, presses, dies, etc.

also does anyone have expirience with these lawton rifles?

any and all answers will be appreciated

thanks,
TheMyth

Re: Getting into .408 I have lots of ?'s

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheMyth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey everyone. i'm looking into having a lawton .408 cheytac built. i am very new to the .408 round and have many questions. i guess the simplest thing to do is just list them.

-Any reloading info you guys have would be great: powder, primers, presses, dies, etc.

also does anyone have expirience with these lawton rifles?

any and all answers will be appreciated

thanks,
TheMyth </div></div>

Have Lawton build you a 375Chey Tac, way superior ballistics. When I can put together the money, thats what im going to do.

Brass - Jamison International
Bullets - Jamison 419gr solid is king, Lehigh 385gr is an option
Powder - RL25 and Retumbo are most popular
Dies - CH4D or Lawton

Bullets are going to be your main reoccurring cost - they're damned expensive. Good brass is available in volume now, so while expensive it's long lasting.

Lawton can give you all of the load data you'll need for your rifle.

If your a shooter and not porch siter, bring plenty of $ for projectiles. +1 dogtown