• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Getting into a new hobby...

William_LXIX

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2006
(UT) Ooo-Tah
Hello,

Been a member here for a while now, just read a bit & not post anything.

I am a former Army EOD guy, before that was a Mil Intel maintainer and before that Infantry. yes I embraced the Army's BE ALL YOU CAN BE mantra!

I am currently an Army civilian out in Dugway Utah instructing other EOD folks and acting as an SME with explosives research.

Its a blast of a job...

I have always been interested in long range shooting, when I was Infantry (11B) I was in the BN Scout Platoon, so I received training & functioned as an observer, but, got the opportunity to take over the weapons squad, and well Machine Guns trumped precision rifle in my young mind! That & the patience required for the stalk didn't interest me at that time!

Fast forward to last year & took up hunting again now that I have settled down. My friends in the hunting group didn't want to take a shot over 300 yards, and I wasn't even switched on what my dope would be on their rifle - so I decided to take up a new hobby, precision shooting, well at least attempt it!

I have pooled my wits & gathered my resources and bought the gear I believe I will need. Always looking for the better-faster-lighter though - so I thought "well I'll just sell off some of my old gear" - Then I see the 100 post rule. Oops.

The best way to get to 100 posts? One worthy post at a time. Be a contributer, not a detractor.

Here I am and ready to GO!

~William

Welcome to the Hide! I'm glad you've come around to the art of precision...after all, it's getting expensive feeding them autoloaders. Your service is greatly appreciated!