• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Getting more into F CLASS

GhengisAhn175

Last known
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2013
Last known
been shooting some local f class matches now with my PRS gun. Been doing better and better .. heres my latest results. Day was pretty windy

Attachments

• photo61072.png
    photo61072.png
    80.9 KB · Views: 65
  • photo61073.jpg
    photo61073.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 69
Hope you are enjoying! The requirement to shoot tighter standards of accuracy should translate to PRS as well. Suggest a proper bipod and rigid bunny ear rear bag would improve your scores significantly with just a little familiarization. A while ago Sinclair had a $100 bipod sale, as an excellent starter. Bunny ears that are spaced widely enough for the bottom of the stock butt to rest on the top of the bag (not on the ears) is the proper fit.

Charlie,

thanks for responding. I was looking at the manners F class stock. Doesn't have a space for a bipod but was made for use with a sand bag/pillow bag. I might go that route..

anyone have experience with this stock?

Most Fclass bipods attach to an Anschutz style rail. If not equipped with one you can buy a rail section from Champion Shooting Supply and simply screw it onto the forend. I used a Manners T4A for a while and liked it until relegating back to tac rifle. I use a custom stock now. The main point is the bottom of the butt should be straight, no taper, and parallel to the forend. Secret - A Choate is as good as you will find and has all these features plus aluminum bedding block for $200.

A good wide bipod like the LRA F-TR and Atlas 5-H will work fine. I know of one shooter that has Calif long rang champions, Missouri and Nebraska mid rang state champions with the LRA F-TR bipod and a rear squeeze bag.