• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Getting new long range precision, advice?

RichardG

Private
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2023
The Colony, TX
Good evening all, in a couple or few weeks I’m going to trade my Savage 110 Tactical 6.5CM in on a better long range rifle. I’ve got it narrowed down to a few choices. Will be used for 1000-1200 yards and I want to hit the smallest targets I can. Will try to reach out as far as I can too, but mostly 1000ish. Will perform load development after 100 rounds or so. looking at a savage Long Range Precision in 6.5CM or 260 Remington, Sako S20 Precision, Ruger Hawkeye Long Range Target 6.5 CM, or Savage 12 BVSS 308 Winchester. I’m thinking the Savage LRP in 260 is the best choice. What’s everyone’s thoughts? Thanks!!

Everyone will have their two cents...

Impact 737r + barrel from Wisconsin + ZCO/TT/etc + TriggerTech

Plus

Foundation, MDT, etc. stock/chassis

Or just buy an off the rack AI rifle and full send

Accuracy international at or ax debond it, slap it in a vision chassis with a Tangent theta on top or gtfo

1681195603676.gif

That’s ridiculous, he could get by with a Steiner/Gen 3 Razor/Nightforce!

Last edited:
None of your listed options make much sense. 5 minutes of reading any gun forum( or reddit if you prefer) will tell you that the go-to beginner options are tikka and bergara. Both are better actions than for future growth that what you have listed. Go Tikka if you want to be able to use shouldered prefits, and bergara if you you don't mind a barrel nut or having a gunsmith cut a blank for you when it's new barrel time and want a 700 footprint action. Or, and this is what I would do: zermatt origin. Prefits everywhere, swappable bot heads for easy caliber changes and it's a 700 footprint so everyone makes stocks/chassis and trigger for it.