• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Getting nighthawk chairman, what reddot

a1-equipment

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2007
Salem VA
Will be picking up my nighthawk chairman 6” 9mm doublestack with the iso system. Just starting to get into pistol red dots. Any suggestions for what optic I should put on it. Will be used for target shooting maybe a match at some point.

Will be picking up my nighthawk chairman 6” 9mm doublestack with the iso system. Just starting to get into pistol red dots. Any suggestions for what optic I should put on it. Will be used for target shooting maybe a match at some point.

Trijicon SRO is the gold standard.

For competition and range use only, I also recommend the C-More RTS2.

Either one with the biggest dot they sell with. 5 MOA for the SRO, 10 MOA for the RTS2.

And since I know the question is coming, no, those are not too big and you don't need a 2 MOA dot on a pistol to be "accurate"

This is what a 10 MOA dot looks like on a USPSA target at 25 yards
20230816_155911.jpg

And this is that same target shot with that pistol 25 times in the head at 25 yards while refining zero

20230816_160653.jpg

Why is there no imprint of your pistol on the target where you threw it ? I though all pistol shooters throw their gun at the target when empty and just get another gun from your belt rather than reload ?

Why is there no imprint of your pistol on the target where you threw it ? I though all pistol shooters throw their gun at the target when empty and just get another gun from your belt rather than reload ?

It hit too low so I didn't get it in the frame

I chucked it like a boomerang

Last edited: