• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Getting Old

rpk762

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2011
Little town now east of Bismarck
I was looking at my rifles the other day and picked up my favorite M1. It was built near the end of WW2. That rifle is 66 years old. I have some 30-06 brass that is over 100years old. That got me thinking about how old I am getting. My first real rifle I bought was a Mini-14 that I bought then sold to get cash to build a AR-15. That AR-15 rifle is 18 years old. Both rifles have required new parts over the years but are still going strong. Many of the rifles and handguns I have are over 10 years old. It is amazing to think about how these products hold up over time. It is also best not to not think about how old we are getting.

Re: Getting Old

One of my favorite rifles is a 1944 Finn VKT M39. The barrel may have been put on in 44, but the receiver is from 1898. That old rascal is still one of the best shooting milsurps I own!