• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Getting pissed... 2nd Zeiss Conquest prob.

springer01

Minuteman
Dec 27, 2005
Brownfield, Texas
I bought a Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 with the rapid z varmint reticle on the 24th of April received it and found lint or something in the scope stuck to the inside lens. Refer to thread First post Called the person I bought it from said send it back. Sent it back...

Today I receive the replacement scope and it has crap on it too!! This is starting to piss me off!! I think Im done with the Zeiss if they dont have better QC than that. Or is this common I mean I have owned several scopes in my day and have never had this problem.

Rant over
Tanner

Re: Getting pissed... 2nd Zeiss Conquest prob.

I have, it is generaly from the coating inside the scope, you get a few loose "sprangles" floating around and they can attach to the lense. I have seen this in the highest end scopes. In most cases, a good thwack of the objective bell on a phone book will solve the problem, just remove the scope from the rifle before you do it...
wink.gif

Kirk R

I have the same scope as the OP as well as a 3.5-10x44 #4 and both have been flawless optically and mechanically. It has been said many times that the Conquest line is just about the best bang for the buck out there. I whole heartedly agree. Sucks that you're going through the trouble, but I'd guess it rare to have had two lemons. Good luck in the future.

Nothing bad to say here. I have had a 3-9 conquest for about seven years that has been flawless. Couple years ago I sent it back to Zeiss for target turrets installed was only gone about two weeks. Maybe try dealing directly with Zeiss I was very pleased with their customer service. Just looked for the papers that came with the scope to contact them and can't find em. Heres there customer service number from their web page. Hope it helps man.
Dantrom

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kirk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have, it is generaly from the coating inside the scope, you get a few loose "sprangles" floating around and they can attach to the lense. I have seen this in the highest end scopes. In most cases, a good thwack of the objective bell on a phone book will solve the problem, just remove the scope from the rifle before you do it...
wink.gif

Kirk R </div></div>

They are supposed to be durable, hence the warranty, so giving this a try might not be a bad idea.

I likewise have one of these and I have had not a minutes trouble out of it. Actually pondering picking up my third Conquest. I shot a few rounds through one a friend picked up in the last few weeks and it is flawless also.

I have 2 of the target 6.5-20s with the rapid z and have nothing but good things to say. One of the best values around.

Dustin

How cheap?

Eddited to add question- This has turrets, correct?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Engine22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How cheap? </div></div>

This, how cheap we talking lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: springer01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So uhh you guys wanna buy another
, ill sell one pretty cheap?
LOL </div></div>

I'm in the market for one...

Seriously... more than likely I am gonna send it back to where I bought it and trade it for another scope (not a Conquest). I wouldn't want to pawn off a defective/problem new scope on someone.

Well this AM I knocked the shit out of it on a thick catalog and after several pretty hard hits the piece fell away. Guess I'll keep it for now and see how it works on the rifle.

Thanks
Tanner

My Conquest has something on the lense as well. Not the best scopes in the world, but probably still worth the price (at least the price I paid).

Try the phonebook trick it should solve your issue.

I have one on my deer rifle. I also got the special rapid Z bullet drop reticle and plotted my load to it and rubber banded my data to my stock for the field.

Toward the end of the day I can't see the cross reticles to use them on an overcast day.

The knobs feel cheap but it works otherwise.