• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Getting PM notification to stop blinking?

Re: Getting PM notification to stop blinking?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Armed Ferret</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My inbox is completely empty, yet my PM notification continues to blink.

Any ideas how to make it stop?</div></div>

duct tape?

had to double-check my address bar; almost thought i was on ar-15.com with that reply.
smirk.gif

So nobody has any actual technical suggestions, just a bunch of smartass remarks?

I guess having been given 3-day sentences for exactly the same thing, I'm a bit confused as to why it's okay for some members but not others. I guess it all boils down to who's buddies with the mods. :\

As for your attempt, while I appreciate a genuine try at helping me, it didn't work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: csi:cyberspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try emptying your cache and then return to the page.</div></div>

I've been doing networking and computer programming for the USAF for the last 6.5 years.

I'm pretty sure I'm familiar with the basics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Armed Ferret</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: csi:cyberspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try emptying your cache and then return to the page.</div></div>

I've been doing networking and computer programming for the USAF for the last 6.5 years.

I'm pretty sure I'm familiar with the basics. </div></div>
Well being an embedded systems engineer for 20+ years and holding multiple degrees in both computer science and engineering, don't I feel like an asshole I had the temerity to try to help out a 6.5 year man with something other than a smart-ass answer? Now that I know your background, a little tidbit of information no one could possibly have known unless they were a Gypsy, I would think you should be able to handle it all by yourself there with all that experience under your belt. After all, it's just a simple web forum, not rocket science.

Perhaps smart ass is more to your liking. Try white out.

Armed Ferret,

It does not sound like something you can fix on your end.

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">BTW, has anyone stopped receiving PM email notifications?

Mine stopped showing up about 1 week ago.

It has happened before with Verizon...</span>

EDIT: Email notification is working for me again...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: csi:cyberspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Armed Ferret</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: csi:cyberspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try emptying your cache and then return to the page.</div></div>

Well being an embedded systems engineer for 20+ years and holding multiple degrees in both computer science and engineering, don't I feel like an asshole I had the temerity to try to help out a 6.5 year man with something other than a smart-ass answer? Now that I know your background, a little tidbit of information no one could possibly have known unless they were a Gypsy, I would think you should be able to handle it all by yourself there with all that experience under your belt. After all, it's just a simple web forum, not rocket science.

Perhaps smart ass is more to your liking. Try white out. </div></div>

That was funny....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: csi:cyberspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Armed Ferret</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: csi:cyberspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try emptying your cache and then return to the page.</div></div>

Perhaps smart ass is more to your liking. Try white out.</div></div>

Care to give me admin access to the server upon which the forum is hosted? Any embedded systems engineer with multiple pieces of paper on his wall worth half a goatfuck would know that I'd be able to fix it that way; I just figured demanding those with admin access do so was a bit brash. So much for subtle hints.

No need to act like a total cunt about it...go get a blowjob or something, you have way too much stress it seems. I hear Maser's schedule is pretty wide open, he may be able to fit you in (double entendre there. ha!).

Armed Ferret. Most people here on the hide are helpful people. Some are less helpful then others. Calling names and trying to show off will get you no help at all. A simple "yep already tried that" would get you better help in the end as more suggestions come in. I just ignore the non helpful ones.

Gene

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Armed Ferret</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
go get a blowjob or something</div></div>
Are you offering..... 'cause you can blow me for all I care. As for stress... I think your posts speak for themselves.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: csi:cyberspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you can blow me for all I care.</div></div>

sorry, i don't really have the three seconds to spare. but job well done on taking the high road.

eta: i got it fixed. none of the suggestions above were correct...much to mister csi's chagrine, of course (helpdesk guys HATE being wrong).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...(helpdesk guys HATE being wrong).</div></div>

And they so often are. Glad you got it fixed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Armed Ferret</div><div class="ubbcode-body">eta: i got it fixed. none of the suggestions above were correct....</div></div>

dang I was pretty sure Duct Tape was the answer!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Armed Ferret</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
... but job well done on taking the high road.

</div></div>

You could take the high road and post your solution in case others are having the same trouble.