• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Getting powder inside RCBS Chargemaster scale.

Nessal

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2009
CA
So last night I was making some handloads and accidentally got a few granules of powder into the scale itself. If you look straight into the scale, you can see the hole where the black scale tray fits into. That is the hole that I got a few grains into. I double checked everything and it still reads fine but according to RCBS, I should return it to get it "fixed". Has anyone else done this and what did you do it take care of it? i already tired to turn it upside down to dump it out but no dice.

Re: Getting powder inside RCBS Chargemaster scale.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nessal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So last night I was making some handloads and accidentally got a few granules of powder into the scale itself. If you look straight into the scale, you can see the hole where the black scale tray fits into. That is the hole that I got a few grains into. I double checked everything and it still reads fine but according to RCBS, I should return it to get it "fixed". Has anyone else done this and what did you do it take care of it? i already tired to turn it upside down to dump it out but no dice.

I think I had a kernel make its way down there and as long as it's not resting on that white piece directly at the bottom of the hole, where the protrusion for the black sub pan touches, it should be fine.

If you see kernels on that white portion, I'd try and move them off via tilting and tapping.

Chris

</div></div>

Re: Getting powder inside RCBS Chargemaster scale.

It was originally resting on the white part but I shook it and now it's gone. But I can hear it moving around when I shake the scale. I guess if I have any issues, I will get in contact with RCBS. How are they with their warranty work?