• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Ghilli question

gulfdiver

Private
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2010
When making a ghilli suit using the fish net with one inch squares how many inches do you skip until the next row?

Thanks

Re: Ghilli question

Dont understand your question.

Are you talking about putting the netting onto the top and buttom? Or applying the jute to the netting?

Maybe I just didnt understand the post. Keep this in mind, the core elements of a ghilli need to be present. But the exact design and construction is open. Try some things and figure out what works for you. I have made and seen many ghillis, none exactly the same.

Check the search funstion as well, there are tons of posts on here on the same topic.

There's no definitive way to do it, but you don't want to tie at every point. Try to space your garnish points 2-3 inches from eachother.

This is one of the reasons I like the layout of our paracord grid system. It helps eliminate a lot of the guess work by providing ideal spacing for garnishment.

I am talking about applying the jute

I have pre cut the jute to about 23"
I have started installing the jute row by row, I am skipping about four inches between rows should I go more or less?
I left the gape for natural vegetation.

4 inches is fine with strands that long. That spacing will work really well with the addition of natural vegetation.

What is a good tie down fixture to use for the natural vegetation IE para cord rope?

Thanks

Use rubberband for veg attachment, they work great. Cut the jute in half, then tie it on, 23" is WAY too long, even cut it into 1/3s, shorter is better, too long get s caught on stuff.

DO not use too much burlap- 3-4 square yards is plenty.