• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ghillie Advice/Help

CoCaDoRi

revived old guy
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2001
South Central North Dakota
Wasnt even sure where to post this, I suppose its equipment ...but here goes...

I need an authentic ghillie... in that sense I mean authentic as in... built right and made to last not a cabelas, bass pro shops , sportmans warehouse knock off wanna be cool loooking made in China ghillie.

I'll use this often and much for work and recreation.

I'm more than willing to purchase a custom made one as my time and tools are limited to create one myself.

So, where do I look and whom do I contact...

I appreciate the insight and help.

Tactical Concealment is what you seek. We were issued them. Solid solid construction...not cheap though.

Reactions: PDXGS
You really need to set it up for your terrain unless you want to end up looking like the trash heap from fraggle rock. Ghillies are a DIY deal.
339E59D1-EBEA-4D7A-B74D-BD387322849B.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Vargmat
1) buy a set of BDUs.
2) sew volley ball netting to the back of it.
3) attach shredded burlap/ jute fibers.
4) remove 90% of the burlap you just attached....trust me.
5) drag your completed ghillie suit through the mud for a few hours.
6) put it in the closet, leave it there, and never think of it again.

7) buy yourself a boonie hat, repeat steps 2-5 to the boonie hat.
8) the boonie hat is all the ghillie you are going to need or ever practically wear.....the suit was a waste of time and money.

Tactical Concealment is what you seek. We were issued them. Solid solid construction...not cheap though.
if you do go Tactical Concealment, i would recommend buying from a 3rd party, and not from them directly.....ive had bad experiences in the past.

I have a few pieces from Liberty Tree Tactical. They and the already mentioned Tactical Concealment.

1) buy a set of BDUs.

8) the boonie hat is all the ghillie you are going to need or ever practically wear.....the suit was a waste of time and money.

if you do go Tactical Concealment, i would recommend buying from a 3rd party, and not from them directly.....ive had bad experiences in the past.
Couldn’t agree more. The boonie is all you really need. If you attach a mesh veil to it and make it about 3 feet long, it will be enough to drape over the top of your rifle and break up your silhouette and hide your fancy scope turrets. Add a little jute or killer grass and some local vegetation, done.

We had to make ours from scratch for a LE sniper school. Like Powder_Burns stated above, matching it to your local terrain is important. With that said, terrain changes. I never used mine after I made it. But, it was cool. :cool:

Hi,

Doesn't work against the new heartbeat detection systems utilizing microwave radiation to detect chest movements associated with heartbeat and breathing.....

Sincerely,
Theis
Yeah, no hiding from today’s technologies.

Hi,

Doesn't work against the new heartbeat detection systems utilizing microwave radiation to detect chest movements associated with heartbeat and breathing.....

Sincerely,
Theis

The predators have stepped up their game...

1) buy a set of BDUs.

DONT FORGOT TO TREAT FOR FLAME RESISTANCE PLEASE !!!!

I assure you I'm not a wanna be super sniper... I need a pretty good concealment system that goes beyond standard hunting camo.
Much of it has to do with my work, predator control and wildlife management.

Reactions: Redmanss
Hi,

Sincerely,
Theis
Aluminum foil ghillie will defeat that. Kinda like chaff.......

Or you can just crawl belly down?

Reactions: Shawn1492
Aluminum foil ghillie will defeat that. Kinda like chaff.......

Or you can just crawl belly down?
just get yourself a "patriot poncho" and you too can hide from drones behind a potted plant.

Standing_by_Plant_large.jpg

I assure you I'm not a wanna be super sniper... I need a pretty good concealment system that goes beyond standard hunting camo.
Much of it has to do with my work, predator control and wildlife management.
Well shit, you've been on the Hide since its inception with member #151, damn near as low as @Greg Langelius *, so I for one aren't going to give you any shit. Got a couple questions for you on your needs.

What's the terrain? I'm assuming prairie/grazing land? Wheat/corn fields? Going to be four seasons? Yeah, I know, ND has the same seasons we in Wyoming do, Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and construction season... But, are you needing to cover in the snow along with the short green season?

I can certainly give pointers in how to build a ghillie, but it sounds like you are in need of something more turnkey ready. Building a ghillie takes anywhere from 20-50+ hours of work, and that's if you know what you're doing.

@skinney_7 can probably point you in the right direction as he does a ton of predator control and from everything I've seen, his camouflage is top notch.

I never wore a legit full ghille since I got a little orange paint sprayed on my creation in school.

I'd say the same Redmanss is saying as far as terrain, but instead of trying to find a magical suit to just try and blend in with everything and be invisable, I'm more of the type that looks at the terrain thinking what parts of it could I use as routes in to set up/egress using as much dead ground as I could.

At most you'll need a hat and veil/cape. If done right, you'll basically need to plan routes while considering what direction the sun is coming/going during that time of day, terrain/vegetation you'd encounter along your route and basically a cover net or net/mesh blind at your observation point/FFP.

I also just saw you IM'd me, so Ill respond to you when I get back.

just get yourself a "patriot poncho" and you too can hide from drones behind a potted plant.

Standing_by_Plant_large.jpg

Not sure if serious :p

I’d vote a “hood” system and a kit from tactical concealment. That would be an easy starter pack, unless you really plan on crawling /sweating that much. as stated above it’s kind of a to each their own.

Viper hood. You can find fairly decent alternatives to a viper hood on amazon for about 50 bucks. Made by thee Chinese though

Well shit, you've been on the Hide since its inception with member #151, damn near as low as @Greg Langelius *, so I for one aren't going to give you any shit. Got a couple questions for you on your needs.

What's the terrain? I'm assuming prairie/grazing land? Wheat/corn fields? Going to be four seasons? Yeah, I know, ND has the same seasons we in Wyoming do, Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and construction season... But, are you needing to cover in the snow along with the short green season?

I can certainly give pointers in how to build a ghillie, but it sounds like you are in need of something more turnkey ready. Building a ghillie takes anywhere from 20-50+ hours of work, and that's if you know what you're doing.

@skinney_7 can probably point you in the right direction as he does a ton of predator control and from everything I've seen, his camouflage is top notch.

Great info! I actually have been working with Mike at Tac Con for more than a few years now, I've done some videography for him and have used a ton of his gear doing what we do. I've actually got to the point that he manufactures an exclusive "base" hood for us, similar to the Roid, and Viper hoods. We've dubbed it the HVP hood, I did a run in Multicam Arid and they gone, as soon as I released them, Then I did some Snow base hoods and they went quick as well. With the shit show that's going on I've got a ton of gear I need manufactured but I'm quite lost as most of my US guys aren't up and running.

Great info! I actually have been working with Mike at Tac Con for more than a few years now, I've done some videography for him and have used a ton of his gear doing what we do. I've actually got to the point that he manufactures an exclusive "base" hood for us, similar to the Roid, and Viper hoods. We've dubbed it the HVP hood, I did a run in Multicam Arid and they gone, as soon as I released them, Then I did some Snow base hoods and they went quick as well. With the shit show that's going on I've got a ton of gear I need manufactured but I'm quite lost as most of my US guys aren't up and running.
You said exclusive base hood for us...who is us? I've been thinking of putting together a tac. conc hood

Hey thanks! yeah, I've been here a long time... I take it in bits an pieces now... ya know?

I've never had much of a need for a Ghillie until now. But the education of the critters has evolved and them things are getting super smart.

It'll be an all season sorta thing ... prarie, rock, crops, tree groves and sloughs are part of the equation at any given time.... then theres the snow and ice for 5 months.
You are right I prefere turn key as 50 hours of dedication is hard for me to accomplish right now... especially movnig into the hunting seasons...

I appreciate your insight!

Reactions: Redmanss