• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft ghillie build

G

Built this one last week. It has been mudded. All I have left to do is add some 550 veggie tiedowns.

Blouse:

P1010067.jpg

Stitchng on the suspenders:

P1010071.jpg

P1010072.jpg

Pants:

P1010074.jpg

Thumb loops:

P1010076.jpg

How the netting is attached to the suit:

P1010077.jpg

Stiching canvas to BDUs:

P1010079.jpg

P1010080.jpg

Cover:

P1010082.jpg

Re: ghillie build

Dude,
It's perfect. When I look at you in the suit your F'N invisible!!!

do you sell them ? anybody on the board making some ?
I don't have the patience nor time to make mine
wink.gif

Impact, SierraWhiskey (two above your post) makes the finest suits you'll ever wear. He can make them to your specs: size, color, jute length, etc. He's made them for quite a bit of people on this site. PM him. He's GTG.

Brutus, suspenders are a necessity. On the rare occassion that you have to run in a wet ghillie, suspenders keep that fucker on your hips and off your ankles. While this suit will be used 98% of the time for nothing more than observation, I wanted the option to be able to scoot when needed.

Wil, she did the stitching. Why stitch by hand with a needle and braided fishing line, when you sleep next to a fashion design major? She's my own personal sweat shop!
laugh.gif

shaggy, i hear ya. suspenders are definitely a plus.
never thought about fashioning my own though. i've used a pair of flea market suspenders before, but ended up cutting them off as it didnt work like i wished.

got a question for the guys who stitch on their canvas skids with sewing machines... how do you stitch the skids on the arms and legs without stitching through both sides, closing the openings? my sewing machine knowledge is minimal

Brut you have to rip the inseam on the bottoms and also the sleeves,once you have sewn the plates on turn them inside out and sew up the inseams.

I'll second Sierra Whiskey's work. He makes an excelent suit. Here's a pic of one I just recieved from him this past week.

SWGhillie003.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rhys</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll second Sierra Whiskey's work. He makes an excelent suit. Here's a pic of one I just recieved from him this past week.

SWGhillie003.jpg
</div></div>

There he is! lol It's harder than "Where's Waldo"...

New game "Where's the Wooky Suit" A couple of the other pics are even better. I only found me in them because I knew where I had put my feet, and which wy I was facing.

SWGhillie004.jpg