• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Ghillie Suit Build

GHatfield

Minuteman
I am thinking of starting my first ghillie suit build but have a question. Looking on the forum it appears most everyone building suits are attaching the netting to some sort of base jacket and pants. I am thinking I would like to make the suit base out of just netting as I want to be able to wear it over heavy/bulky clothing when it is cold out and light weight clothing when it is warmer. Has anyone taking this route and just used net as your base when building a ghillie suit?

Re: Ghillie Suit Build

It makes it really hard to get on. try putting on a net shirt once...it's easier said than done.

You could do a cloak/smock type garment, or use a base garment that is over-sized.

Thats my take on it.

C_K

agreed...the netting is very hard to keep shape.
if you want to go with lightest possible garment possible, look into using mesh fabric and then attaching garnish attachment points from there

I started building my light weight "coyote/antelope" season ghillie as brutus mentioned.
Make a base suit from scratch using a light weight mesh of your choice, and attach your netting to that. The mesh is open enough to breath and the holes are small enough to keep from getting fingers or buttons hung up when you're trying to put it on.

If you take alook at tactical concealments products, you will notice that they are along the same Idea. Grid style netting over fine light weight mesh. They are a great company to get "inspiration"

You could also go with a ghillie cover blanket made of mesh or netting with your stuff attached to that. Just throw it over yourself when prone and youre camoed. I've got my own for goose and duck hunting.

You could do the same thing if stalking if you wanted to use clips to clips to your normal clothes, but then again youd need clip points on your base layers.