• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft ghillie tube for barrel

PIGtooth

Private
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2009
Tennessee or The Middle East
now i've thought about it and never got motivated to ever build one for trial. i've had plenty of success stories with out one but i met a guy who wont leave home without it. just so everyone's familiar basically you construct a piece of fabric or mesh roughly the length of your barrel, sew your grid or netting on to it, tie in your jute and other veg, and slip it over your barrel so only the crown is protruding. my rule of thumb has always been, NOTHING TOUCHES THE BARREL- as it's free floated for a damn reason, what say you?

Re: ghillie tube for barrel

I PM'd a guy on here that was doing some testing for his countries military and was using one.
I asked him the same thing about if the ghillie would interfere or change his POI. His answer was that if it did not, and if it did, it was so small as to not notice.
I wish I still had the pm in my box, but I don't.

Cheers,
Andrew

Re: ghillie tube for barrel

Ask the Brits, they have been doing it for years with garnish on the BARREL, not barrel and stock together. Garnish the barrel, confirm zero, and have at it.