• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft ghillie vs rattle can

Ghillie man

Private
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2009
pittsburgh pa
just wondering has anyone ever spray painted there jute. if you were in a bind and needed to match the area. a quick spray and u can blend in. what is the pros and cons. thanks

Re: ghillie vs rattle can

I do this often, well, more so to the base. I keep my jute short and sparse, so this means that at times, I need to touch up the jute/base with blotches of greens in spring/summer and earth reds/yellows in fall/winter.

There aren't really any cons to spraying as long as you don't over do it or get too much on the base. Too much paint can affect the breathability of the fabric; causing it to be too hot.

On the plus side, paint can give the jute a matted appearance, make it a bit more water resistant and somewhat more durable.

All in all, paint away! It's only going to give your ghillie more character
wink.gif

thanks ghillie zen just wanted to check with the pros. i thought it was a great idea but was not sure and did not want to screw up my ghillie after all the hard work

Would dye be a better solution?

I don't have much experience w/ dying jute, but it seems like a decent option.

Anyone had any problems w/ dye bleeding?