• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater GI Joe: Retaliation - new trailer

Dogtown

Ke = (mv^2)/2
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 21, 2007
    CONUS
    <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kNUBV9trDoA"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kNUBV9trDoA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Silly, yes - but really cool visuals.

Re: GI Joe: Retaliation - new trailer

But how can they ever recover from the SUCK-fest that the first one was. I wouldn't see a second GI Joe ever just in protest of how bad the first one blew unless the "retaliation" is Cobra killing the producers/cast of the first one.

This might be redbox worthy. At least there is no Wayans brother in this one.

The Rock-check
    Bruce Willis-check
    One really hot chick-check

Yep, I will probably have to see it.

So, did this come out in June like is advertised in the trailer? I've seen a trailer for Joe for about a year now. How bad does a movie have to be if it can't open on any of the dates that they advertise?

Fail!

The studio pushed back the release date to further work on the special affects. I guess they want it perfect, wouldn't blame them for the amount of money they have in it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maxpower220</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, did this come out in June like is advertised in the trailer? I've seen a trailer for Joe for about a year now. How bad does a movie have to be if it can't open on any of the dates that they advertise?

Fail! </div></div>

Actually it was supposed to be alot better than the first. The reason they pushed it back was because Duke dies like 10 mins into the film......evidently their test groups (of girls) didn't like that. So they were going back to reshoot a bit of it to add that stupid fuck back in
    smirk.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maxpower220</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How bad does a movie have to be if it can't open on any of the dates that they advertise?</div></div>

It doesn't have to be bad at all. There are a number of things that affect the release date, which is pre-planned to a near science by the studios considering what else is out that weekend. It's a complicated gamble.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maxpower220</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How bad does a movie have to be if it can't open on any of the dates that they advertise?</div></div>

.... which is pre-planned to a near science by the studios considering what else is out that weekend. It's a complicated gamble. </div></div>

I understand and agree that it is planned to a near science. So, when it doesn't open when it is supposed to, it makes me wonder why. There have been a few films in my recent memory that have not opened when they advertised. I can't recall any of them be good film or films that were profitable. Based on how bad the first GI Joe was, it doesn't inspire confidence in me that this film will be worth my money or time.

correct me if im wrong but the 1st movie sucked so much HBO, Showtime, Cinemax and Starz didnt even buy the rights to play it on their stations

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maxpower220</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There have been a few films in my recent memory that have not opened when they advertised. I can't recall any of them be good film or films that were profitable. Based on how bad the first GI Joe was, it doesn't inspire confidence in me that this film will be worth my money or time. </div></div>

I worked on a film a few years ago called "Shutter Island" that was pushed from an Oct 2009 release to a Feb 2010 release. I think it was received well both critically and financially.