• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Giant tumbler

Doc Holiday13

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2008
LoCo, VA
So I'm going to be starting to do brass processing....A lot of brass processing. My FFL manufacturing has been approved. I'm going to be making ammunition to start before I try to grow into other fields of the firearm world.

In my process of considering how am I going to process the several thousand .lbs of brass I have coming I was at home depot and saw this

http://www.homedepot.com/Building-Materi...catalogId=10053

When I saw it I had one of those "Aaah haaaaah!!!!" moments and thought it just might work because I can replace the metal mixing blades with starboard blades and use SS media.

Does this seem crazy???

Re: Giant tumbler

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adician</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holy **** that's going to be a lot of stainless steel media. </div></div>

But the cost of it goes to nill after probably 5 uses if you compare to amount of brass cleaned to how long the SS media last...Which the media is indefinitely good

Holy cats, that just might work. What are the starboard blades if you don't mind me asking?

Not only is it not crazy but it's common for those who tumble very large quanities on regular basis. I sorta doubt it will need paddles at all, those are needed for mixing concrete.

FYI, Harbor Freight Tools has a steel bodied mixer a bit smaller than that for something like $125 (on sale, as it often is).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mordamer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holy cats, that just might work. What are the starboard blades if you don't mind me asking? </div></div>

Starboard is high density plastic. Kinda like a cutting board. It makes for fantastic Target holder too because it doesn't shatter when it gets shot, regardless what caliber it gets shot with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fuzzball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not only is it not crazy but it's common for those who tumble very large quanities on regular basis. I sorta doubt it will need paddles at all, those are needed for mixing concrete.

FYI, Harbor Freight Tools has a steel bodied mixer a bit smaller than that for something like $125 (on sale, as it often is).

</div></div>

Harbor Freight =/= commercial use. It's good for one time use and if it does break you aren't out much $$.

"Harbor Freight =/= commercial use. It's good for one time use and if it does break you aren't out much $$."

Yeah. I have one of the larger HF mixers, at about a third the cost of the Lowes' mixer it was too good a deal not to try. It's given me "good enough for home owner" service for several years. I considered getting my wife one of the smaller ones for mixing her flower potting soil but didn't, just let her use mine and spent the money "saved" on components!
wink.gif