• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gibbs or Creedmor 03A4

Re: Gibbs or Creedmor 03A4

I've been dealing with Creedmor for a long time, they have a repratation for accuracy catering to the target shooter. They will not allow their name on JUNK.

Gibbs may be good, but for only a $100 difference I'd go for the Creedmor.

If I were to get one (I will be in the market soon) I would get the Creedmore. Have heard several bad things about the Gibbs rifles. The Creedmores have a better reputation and better parts.

There's some info/shared experience of the Creedmoor in this thread:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3059615#Post3059615

The Gibbs seems to be a real gamble. Some of the guys who post seem to really like them, others (my smith included) seem to have had a pretty hard time with them.

My personal experience (based on the rifle my smith received from Gibbs) is that, if you went with this option, you should probably set aside at least as much as you spent on the rifle to cover setting it right when you get it.

Now....before the flaming starts...my smith did get a 2011 production rifle with one of the POS scopes. Maybe later rifle/scope combos have improved from the QC standpoint.

But follow the link to my smiths site posted in the Creedmoor thread if you want both sides of the story.

I have the Creedmoor and I would not hesitate to go that way again. The Criterion barrel is worth the $100. On mine the fit and finish is very good and accuracy is all you can ask for.

what more could you want?

BH

I have a Gibbs and I could not be happier. The earlier Gibbs had a poor reproduction scope, but the later Gibbs have excellent "Hi-Lux" M73G2 scopes. The fit and finish is great, and my accuracy is far superior to any of my many mil-surp's. The scope however is only 2.5X, just like the originals. Check out this comprehensive review of the Gibbs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcc99z8PPQw

I have a gibbs, shoots dandy. Can't wait to see how it does with some fed gold medal. That's 5 rounds on the top left at 100M.
cf100m.jpg