• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Gimmick or possibly useful?

Pete E

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 2, 2004
North Wales, UK
Gents,

Saw this new rear scope cover (in a air rifle magazine of all places) and wondered what you guys think.

It is designed to ensure you are looking down the dead centre of the scope and so eliminate parallax.

If you eye is centered correctly when looking through the scope, the four luminous pointers should align with the cross hairs in your peripheral vision.

view.jpg

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/au7t9EMpsek&feature=player_embedded#!"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/au7t9EMpsek&feature=player_embedded#!" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

So, a gimmick?? or possibly useful?

Re: Gimmick or possibly useful?

Looks like a good solution for the application; air rifles & rimfire. Most folks that plink won't spend the money for an A/O or side focus scope and the typical $100 scope has the parallax adjusted for 100 yards. With ranges less than that, where most air gunners and rimfire shooters typically shoot, parallax error really becomes an issue. Folks end up cursing the scope because they don't know better. I've seen as much as 1"+ of parallax error in a scope at 50 yards that was optimized for 100 yards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CS223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like a good solution for the application; air rifles & rimfire. Most folks that plink won't spend the money for an A/O or side focus scope and the typical $100 scope has the parallax adjusted for 100 yards. With ranges less than that, where most air gunners and rimfire shooters typically shoot, parallax error really becomes an issue. Folks end up cursing the scope because they don't know better. I've seen as much as 1"+ of parallax error in a scope at 50 yards that was optimized for 100 yards. </div></div>

I'm considering the fixed x10 power Mil/Mil Weaver for my .22LR Trainer but was concerned it was not parallax adjustable, hence my interest in this.

I envisage that alot of my shooting will be at 75 to 125 yards on bunnies, but sometimes I will be shooting at 30 yards, hence my concern about parallax.

I would be quite happy to buy a scope with side focus or even an AO, but don't want to spend three or four times the price of the rifle on one!

Regards,

Peter

i would say the answer to your dikemma is the Mueller all purpose tactical.
It can focus down to about 10 yards.