• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Giraud case trimmer for new brass chamfer

Halcyonhal

Dud
Minuteman
Aug 17, 2019
Bellevue, Washington
Hi,

Just got a giraud (still in the box) and I have 300 pcs of brand new Alpha brass to chamfer and deburr. Up until now, I’ve always done that by hand but I’ve got arthritis in my thumbs so it’s definitely not my favorite thing.

I was hoping to use the giraud to do this step but don’t want to be trimming real amounts of brass off. Has anyone else done this? Curious what your experience was if you have. E.g. was the shoulder consistent enough on the new brass that you could get a consistent chamfer or avoid over trimming?

many thanks

Reactions: ThingsThatGoBang
And if you orderered the trimmer to come with a 6mm as the installed cutter then it may already be adjusted for you.

For the OP, something else to look at to take it easy on your hands:

If cutter is not adjusted... you're gonna want to use a piece or 3 of old brass. Personally I have a helluva time adjusting and getting the cut/chamfer to my liking.

Once adjusted correctly it is an outstanding timesaver.

i

u

Oooo… that looks awesome. Have ordered. Many thanks!

Reactions: 6.5SH

Received the case holder from K&M last night… it’s a real saver for my arthritis. Appreciate the recommendation.

I used the giraud to chamfer a load of new 308 and 6GT brass. Worked a treat… agree that the initial tuning is a little fiddly. Had a set of the Whidden click die rings and they help as well.