• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Giraud Case Trimmer question

M113A3

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2018
San Francisco
HI All,

For those who currently use or have used the Giraud trimmer and size using a body die and bushing neck die found that the case sticks in the trimmer? I was told this was a possibility since the bushing does not size all the way to the shoulder where the trimmer index's from. Currently my trimmer is on order so it will be a few weeks before it arrives.

Thanks!

You will be fine. Neck bushing sizes down further down the neck than a full length die. Either way you should not have a problem. I run both and have never had a problem.

Reactions: M113A3
I’ve had the same issue which lead to cases sticking and not trimming evenly.

You can send sized cases and the case holder back to Doug and he can open it up for you.

Reactions: Terry H
I have been using Redding bushing dies in 308 Win. with the Giraud trimmer for a few years. I haven't noticed any issues of cases sticking in the trimer's shell holder when trimming cases have been F/L sized with the bushing die.

Never had any cases sticking from a bushing FL die. As mentioned though they can get you a custom shell holder if you need it.

I will add, my only issue with brass sticking was with once fired FGMM brass which was resized in an RCBS small base FL sizing die.

I had four other headstamps sized on the same die to the same headspace dimension and had no issues, so it would appear it is case dependent.