• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Giraud Trimmer Spanners

Airw4ves

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2014
Canada
www.youtube.com
So I bought a Giraud Trimmer a year or so ago, and when it arrived it didnt include the two small spanners. Ive made due with using a nail and a wrench, but would like to get some of the propper tools for the job. I have contacted Giraud, and they’re $7 each….however, since covid, he has been worried about items getting lost in the mail, and now just the shipping alone is over $100 USD to Canada. I refuse to pay that. So, I was curious if anyone knows the dimensions, or even if these things can be found elsewhere. Even if someone with a Giraud can send me the specs for it, I can probably get something similar to work.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

What? Are you saying $100 shipping to Canada for two small spanners? And what does Covid have to do with shipping and shit getting lost?

Reactions: Airw4ves
The little wrench mouth is 5/8th" wide, big one is 1" wide. Both are 0.1" thick. I'm sure some supplier has wrenches like these.

The open end of the small wrench goes on the cutter body. It’s 5/8 plus gap for the wrench.
image.jpg

The dimension on the large wrench of .930 is the diameter of the actual drive in the machine, I don’t have a way to measure the semi circle gap and math it. You’ll obviously add a couple thou on the wrench to clear. The tooth I have written on the small wrench but it applies to the large as well.

Last edited:
So I bought a Giraud Trimmer a year or so ago, and when it arrived it didnt include the two small spanners. Ive made due with using a nail and a wrench, but would like to get some of the propper tools for the job. I have contacted Giraud, and they’re $7 each….however, since covid, he has been worried about items getting lost in the mail, and now just the shipping alone is over $100 USD to Canada. I refuse to pay that. So, I was curious if anyone knows the dimensions, or even if these things can be found elsewhere. Even if someone with a Giraud can send me the specs for it, I can probably get something similar to work.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
WTF? Aren’t they supposed to have come w your trimmer. I bought one in the last year and they were incl.

I love my trimmer but seriously question some of Doug’s decisions. Won’t go into it again but it goes to if you get a sealed bearing motor or one that needs periodic drop of oil.

Cheers

WTF? Aren’t they supposed to have come w your trimmer. I bought one in the last year and they were incl.

I love my trimmer but seriously question some of Doug’s decisions. Won’t go into it again but it goes to if you get a sealed bearing motor or one that needs periodic drop of oil.

Cheers
They are, but whoever I bought it from used, didnt include them. Bought it across the border too

Cheers
Their business practices are weird, but now that you can order most of their things through Creedmoor Sports it is like dealing with a professional outfit.

Their business practices are weird, but now that you can order most of their things through Creedmoor Sports it is like dealing with a professional outfit.
I did ordered thru Creedmoor because I really like them and it’s a drop ship anyway. They have great CS, IMO.

Channel lock makes adjustable spanner pliers available in different sizes.

KNIPEX also make spanners

Park tool company makes flat, thin spanners that will probably do the job. They are metric but i'm sure they have ones that are close enough to do a good job.

I did ordered thru Creedmoor because I really like them and it’s a drop ship anyway. They have great CS, IMO.
Yeah, Creedmoor is awesome to deal with. Lots of great people in the industry, and they are up at the top.

Reactions: Baron23