• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Giraud Trimmer

King_beardsly

MMPRL & Low Dollar Precision
Minuteman
  • Jun 12, 2018
    Beast Coast
    Anyone have experience with the Giraud Power Case Trimmer, I’m toying around with getting one to save me time and streamline case prep that I’ve been neglecting after becoming a dad. I also saw the gracey trimmer that’s a few dollars cheaper but I’m really not sure about it.

Giraud trimmer is best invest I’ve made in reloading in a while - it’s fast, extremely precise, easy to setup, makes 3 awful jobs one easy one. If you intend to do multiple calibers you will want a cutter for each one. Can get pricey quick if you have lots of caliber but put a locking ring on it and not a complaint!

I’ve got a small mountain of 6creed to trim thats just starring at me, and couple hundred pieces of dasher to debut/chamfer

Got the version that Chuck's in a drill. Works great. About 120 per call. Depends on how many calibers you load for big unit verses single drill unit

Reactions: GhostFace
    May come out better getting big unit. Way I see more calibers big trimer. 1 or 2 calibers drill trimer. Would love to get big unit 1 day. Either way can't go wrong with giaraud. My drill trimers saves major pain and time. 223 308 300blk. Love them and highly recommended

take my money...

There is a Part 2 video...where he goes over some changes he made...and also he is working with AMP to make physical and software changes to help this work even better. I believe they made him a code to increase dwell time so the case is down getting trimmed for a longer time. I can see a collaboration between AMP and Giraud that makes our lives much easier.

To be honest...a big company needs to buy both out and solve some supply chain and costing issues.

Giraud trimmer is best invest I’ve made in reloading in a while - it’s fast, extremely precise, easy to setup, makes 3 awful jobs one easy one. If you intend to do multiple calibers you will want a cutter for each one. Can get pricey quick if you have lots of caliber but put a locking ring on it and not a complaint!

This!!! (y)

Reactions: JRosson
    After owning one now for 2-3 years, it's one of the last pieces of gear I would let go. I agree with this " If you intend to do multiple calibers you will want a cutter for each one. Can get pricey quick if you have lots of caliber but put a locking ring on it and not a complaint! " cutter for every caliber for sure. Buy once cry once. Minimal cost in the scheme of things in my book.

I just stubbed across the gracey trimmer, which looks like the Giraud’s step brother

2FB35BE3-B352-4156-846B-6E73BDBA81B2.jpeg

Gitcha a leather work glove. Cut off the thumb and forefinger, and wear those on your working hand.

When you start trimming 1,000+ cases on your new trimmer from Doug, you’re gonna understand why I suggested this. ;)

-Nate

Reactions: DIBBS
    You get this working. Ill buy two amp mates.. You and AMP will be VERY popular.

Not me that is doing this...I wish I would have thought of it before....it makes perfect sense. Plus..the guy doing it...is an F-Class shooter....my big booming Lil Bastard brake is despised by F-Class shooters...it makes them....jumpy.

Gitcha a leather work glove. Cut off the thumb and forefinger, and wear those on your working hand.

When you start trimming 1,000+ cases on your new trimmer from Doug, you’re gonna understand why I suggested this. ;)

-Nate

To avoid brass chip burn?

just tell her it is an antique motorized pencil sharpener...you picked up for a project to fill time in this period of self isolation....so you have something to do and not bug her.

Then when you 'modify' it to cut rifle brass...you are a genius.....

To avoid brass chip burn?
    Nopers, but the blisters the dude mentioned above..: Oi!

Tip #2: When you wanna clean out the brass shavings from the cylinder, getcher shop-vac fired up, hold the nozzle right up under the front of the cutter shield, and slowly ease the shield upward.

Do I dare ask what causes the blisters to be formed? Repetitive twisting the brass or something more sinister lol