• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Girl With the Dragon Tatoo...seen it?

Re: Girl With the Dragon Tatoo...seen it?

Hope to see the movie this weekend, almost finished with the second book in the series. If it holds true to the book should be a good flick.

Haven't read the book. Went and saw the movie yesterday. I liked it!

I finished the book this morning. I'm on my way to go see the movie tonight.

Saw the movie last night with my wife. I've read the series, she has not. We both liked the movie. A few minor changes from the book but nothing that really offended me. I think if they would have stuck to the book 100%, the movie would have needed to be about 5 hours long.

Pretty graphic in some areas, as you'd expect if you've read the books. Family of 4 sat in front of us with Mom, Dad and 2 teenage daughters - wouldn't really recommend that experience for Christmas...

I have read the books and seen the Swedish version. I hope the new move is not A disapointment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TucsonDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As good as the swedish version? </div></div>

Sorry Dave, I never saw the Swedish version so I can't compare...

Ok. Just watched the Swedish version on Netflix. It was, I think, a hair better than the Hollywood English version. But both were very good! I still haven't read the book, so I can't say which one follows the book better, but the Swedish version explains more of the characters motivations...

I'm glad I read the book first, lot of background left out. My wife hasn't read the book yet so was lost part of the time. Still a good movie.

Never saw the Swedish version. That said, I think the American version just may be the best movie I've seen this year. Was not expecting it to be that great.

As a side note- it took me an hour or so to decide if the girl was hot. I ended up deciding that she was for sure.

Read all three books in the Millenium Trilogy
They were great
I was the swedish versions (dubbed) the plots were quite complicated and the main character was a revoltingly effective actress (Noomi Rapace)
Loooking forward to seeing the American version.

It's going to be hard to beat Noomi Rapace in the Swedish version. She had Lisbeth Salander nailed.
In the books Erica Berger was hot, in the Swedish version not so much, I'm sure the American version can and will do better.

Danny

The Swedish mini series is better than the triology.
I have yet to see the US version and was skeptical, but the review are good.

Netflix has the Swedish version available for instant play. IMHO, that version is very good.

Just saw this yesterday. The movie was better than expected. Very complex plot but didn't get too confusing. Definitely worth evening admission. One thing though, I just couldn't see Rooney Mara as attractive.

Looking forward to this, it's becoming a big deal in our household. Celia's read the books and watched the Swedish movie(s?) on Netflix.

Noomi Rapace also figures prominently (Simza) in the new <span style="font-style: italic">Sherlock</span> flick.

Greg

Saw it today, saw the Euro version the past summer.
Excellent movie.

Rooney Mara with a blonde wig on is hot.

A bit of background missing , but I guess that is true to most movies that are adapted from books. If you haven't read the books both the American and Swedish versions will have much that is missed.

I enjoyed the first installment of the triology, not so much the second two as they felt rushed.

Having read the books I was dissapointed in how easily Lizbeth was subdued by her new gaurdian, especially when you get the rest of her background. How are they going to make her stand up to Neiderman in the final episode?

Just a few small trifles don't let them stop you from seeing it.

Cody

Wife and I saw it last weekend and thought it was excellent. Great to have a movie that kept my interest throughtout. Guess I need to check out the Swedish version. Rooney Mara (Kate's sister) did an excellent job with the character.

Thought it was a great movie. Pretty hardcore though--glad I left the wife at home. Loved the soundtrack by Trent Reznor.

If you liked it then you need to see the Swedish version. Both are very well done.

Parker

Just saw it, thought it was really good and my wife like it too. Real thinker movie. Don t go without your concentration cap

Read the book, saw the Swedish version, then saw the Americal version.
The Swedish version movie was the best of the three choices to me.

Dark, intense and very intriguing. Not a good date movie though
wink.gif

A huge sewing circle type group of older women sat behind my wife and I and gabbed constantly, that is until the first of many intensely graphic scenes. Certainly made me chuckle.

I saw it.I thought there were no rich people in Sweden. It's against the law there.

But she's brilliant, sexually aggressive, and is severely emotionally damaged.I would definately do her, and send her out to eliminate anybody who ever did me wrong. She is my kinda girl.
And she is so rich,I want her to have my baby.

This is the most accurate description of her character I've heard yet, good one!
grin.gif

And I preferred the dubbed original version.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Donttrytorun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw it.I thought there were no rich people in Sweden. It's against the law there.

But she's brilliant, sexually aggressive, and is severely emotionally damaged.I would definately do her, and send her out to eliminate anybody who ever did me wrong. She is my kinda girl.
And she is so rich,I want her to have my baby. </div></div>

I watched the original trilogy on Netflix, and was not sure how good the re-release would be. Damn bring on the other two! Intense as others have said, saw my wife flinch in a few parts, but nicely done remake.

The old lady and I saw the movie a few days ago. I thought it was good. I haven't read the books or seen any other versions so I have nothing to compare it too. I can't wait for the other movies.

The Swedish version is sitting in my instant queue on netflix, but I can't bring myself to watch a movie where I spend more time reading than watching anything that's happening on the screen. It's like, anything that's happening while I'm reading I'm gonna miss and have to rewind, which is every 5 seconds.

Confused here, but maybe not all my dogs are barking. The word "trilogy" keeps coming up. Is this the first of a series of three?

Or was there a prequel? Or is this one movie made up from a base of three books? Or something else?

Three books
Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is the first.

The Swedish language movies are all out.
Only the first movie has been released in the English version.

Personally, I had no problem watching the Swedish version with subtitles. When there is a lot of action there is not usually a lot of dialogue at the same time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Confused here, but maybe not all my dogs are barking. The word "trilogy" keeps coming up. Is this the first of a series of three?

Or was there a prequel? Or is this one movie made up from a base of three books? Or something else? </div></div>

Three books, Dragon Tatoo, The Girl who played with Fire, and The girl who kicked the hornets nest.

My wife and I watched both the Swedish version and the American version this weekend. I gotta say, it was pretty damn good. I like the American version better.

Not a "chick flick" by any stretch of imagination. Good story.

Worth seeing.

There's a partial write for the 4th book as well, the authors GF has it, but legal wrangling between her and the father and brother are holding things up on any sort of resolution.

good production, but without having read the book, I would have been a bit lost. There is so much in the character's motivation not demonstrated in the movie which the book makes abundantly clear.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sled Dog</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Confused here, but maybe not all my dogs are barking. The word "trilogy" keeps coming up. Is this the first of a series of three?

Or was there a prequel? Or is this one movie made up from a base of three books? Or something else? </div></div>

Three books, Dragon Tatoo, The Girl who played with Fire, and The girl who kicked the hornets nest.</div></div>
Thanks for clearing that up for me, Sled

I watched it this past weekend. I knew nothing of the plot, a fact I really appreciated when it was over. I loved it. I am glad I saw it with fresh eyes. Far and away the best movie I have seen since Inception.

i saw this movie a little bit ago in the theaters, its a great story, it was a little hard to fallow in the begining, but once i caught on to what was going on it kept me guessing as to what was going to happen next in the plot! +1 to a great movie

Just saw it, good movie, gotta pay attention though.. not just chases and stuff blowin' up!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jabronie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> it was a little hard to fallow in the begining, </div></div>

Same here.

I am currently listening to the audio book. It's nice that the book can afford to go into so much detail on how he gets set up in the first place. I'm glad I saw the movie first then listened to the book.

i personally thought it was lackluster, boring and just overall a dull movie

but most people disagree with me on most things.......

Walked in during the middle of it and will have to watch it again, but i really liked it.

Read the book first, then saw the movie. Was suprised how much they got into the movie, but there was still quite a bit of backstory that was helpful from the book. Was also pleased to see they followed the book relatively well - only a couple of minor deviations that did not detract or distract too much...

Casey

a pretty good movie, you have to pay attention though, which i guess is the reason it's a good movie.

1 drawback of it for me was that i put the DVD in, pressed play, had a sandwich, took a nap, shaved, took another nap, cut my toenails, had another sandwich and shaved again.

a VERY long movie.