• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Giving Altus Shooting a try

J Scott

Private
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2003
USA
I decided to give Altus Shooting a try, so with the excellent communication provided by Josh, here's where I've landed:
-Defiance Tenacity (black nitride)
-Bartlein 20" Remington Varmint/Sendero contour, graphite black, threaded. 1:8" 6.5CM
-TriggerTech Special
-Stock/Chassis-at this point, thinking I'll give a KRG Bravo a try.

A rather simple build that should be enjoyable at range(mostly) and whitetail hunting in my neck of the woods-at least this is my excuse to have it built :) I'll update this thread as the build progresses followed by range results. Again, Josh has been excellent to work with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adam B
2 things. Altus is a great outfit to deal with. Their customer service is second to none. Josh is very knowledgeable and extremely personable on the phone. You will absolutely love the combination you picked out. I bought the same action from Josh this summer. I really like it. Altus is definitely GTG.

Reactions: jkittleson
I've had 2 rifles built by Altus, extremely happy with them! I wouldn't hesitate to have more done.

Great folks at Altus. Went to order a action from them over the summer and realized they were located about a hour away so I asked if I could just pick it up there instead of shipping to my local ffl. They gave me the address where I needed to go and they handled the transfer when I got there. The young lady was super nice and knew her custom rifles. How could you not love a place like that?

I have bought a lot of stuff from Altus over the years, one of the best in the business.

First class shipping, ships next day, good products and great service.

I have a package coming Friday. Tier 1 vendor for sure.

Everyone at Altus is solid to deal with. They're local to me, and I am a member of the range, so I interact them on a very regular basis.

... I'm a keyboard shopper. The Altus website is SO far superior to any other vendor sites that it makes it the Go To option for me. I have never had the need to call them but would not hesitate to do so based on the feedback. Great stuff!

Reactions: Jefe's Dope