• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gladius Update, 1000 yards Report

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    I know people have asked me in the past what the result were of shooting my Gladius out to 1000 yards, and before today I only had information to 900 odd yards, and those shots were at 6000ft above sea level. Well today I had the opportunity to try the rifle at 1000 yards here at Rifles Only.

Weather conditions were poor at best, it just finished down-pouring, but the wind was calm about 6 to 8 miles per hour. The Density Altitude for the area was -15ft, temperature was about 68 degrees.

The ammo used was left over military M118. I did not use the Surefire suppressor for this session.

I dropped down, first shot of the day, made an educated guess of 12 Mils on my Nightforce 3-15X F1, and held 2 mils of right wind. My first round impact was centered up on the target at 9'O Clock inside the plate about 3". Jacob then shot the next round using 2.25 Mils of right wind and hit the target centered up. 12 Mils was the perfect dope for making a 1000 yard shot with this combination.

The rifle performed accurately and consistently at 1000 yards under the given conditions with the M118 ammo. Will this work for everyone, maybe not, but it performed well above expectations here today.

To refresh the memory, the Gladius has an 18" Bartlein barrel spun on a Remington 700 action by GA Precision.

The rifle simply kicks ass...

Re: Gladius Update, 1000 yards Report

Sounds like a winning combo there Frank.

Isn't the Gladius a replica of a rifle used currently by one of the armed services?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Isn't the Gladius a replica of a rifle used currently by one of the armed services?</div></div>

Close, but I didn't half ass the spec's, I did it right and put a ton more into it, and still it wasn't anywhere the $9000 IBA was charging for the XM-3.

It similar but a different.

And the rifle was actually built completely by and <span style="font-weight: bold">in</span> the shop whose name is on the barrel unlike others who farm out the work.

I assume 15X at 1000yds? You are the first to report the F1 in action. Which stock does the Gladius have? Your 18" makes my GAP 7000 Bartlein 22" sound like a 50 BMG!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dsparil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what's the difference between the Nightforce F1 and the regular NXS?</div></div>

The F1 is their first focal plane model. The others are second focal plane.

what are the specs on that barrel? Contour, twist, etc.

I kind of copied Frank some and had my Crusader cut down to 18" and added the new AAC break and 762SD can. Works very nicely out to 800. Will see what happens at 1000 when I can get to it.

Gladius is a badass rifle for sure!

Lowlight, your report is what I wanted to hear. I have a kreiger ready to be cut down. I will try 18" and give it hell.

I wonder what the round count is on that rifle in the last six years since he's posted?

About 8k.... I still use it for Demos and such,

10296489_10152345403319351_7296370454439838742_o.jpg