• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Glamping 2020

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    Finally able to do the camp trip with son planned since April....

PA049905[1].JPG

PA049906[1].JPG

PA049907[1].JPG

PA049908[1].JPG

Enjoy! Camping with my son is one of those things we both love, although we just do hot dogs on a stick and beer.

MtnCreek - that's just a little campfire. It doesn't get excessive until its garage size and you use heavy equipment to stoke it. :)

Reactions: Maggot
    Very nice. I can’t wait until my sons are old enough to not be epic train wrecks on a camping trip. Any and all versions of camping will be fair game too. Everything from glamping in a posh cabin, so my wife will join us, to long weekend backcountry hiking trips are on the table

Reactions: FishinGuns
    Reactions: Barneybdb
    Very nice. I can’t wait until my sons are old enough to not be epic train wrecks on a camping trip. Any and all versions of camping will be fair game too. Everything from glamping in a posh cabin, so my wife will join us, to long weekend backcountry hiking trips are on the table
    If they are alive they are old enough.

Reactions: The D
    take them early and make them man the fuck up. Took my oldest at 5 and went way back backpacking. Total father and son bonding.
    My oldest and I already had a rap sheet with the nps at 13monthes.

Reactions: Dpp
    If they are alive they are old enough.
    They’re 2 & 3 and they need to not be train wrecks. We have friends that took their kids, similar ages, camping and nobody slept the first night out. Their first few times need to be enjoyable so they will ask to go in the future, not have to be drug by me

My boys are 2 & 3 as well. We will backyard camp the fist couple times, coming up.

Kids do great outdoors - it's their natural environment. My boys sleep really well after about 16 hours straight of running wild.

Our bike-race camping weekends got screwed up this year due to... ya know. But my sons and I are still on for a "socially distanced" (meaning: normal) overnight for Cub Scouts. When I asked them what they enjoyed most about last year's outing, they were in full agreement - breakfast burritos.

This year, my oldest needs to set up the tent himself to satisfy one of his requirements. This will be good entertainment. Him and his fellow Scouts also need to plan and prepare their meals. I'll have a few servings of Mountain House in reserve so at least I won't starve.

Looks like a great time. I’m not showing your pictures to my son. After looking at your meals he’ll be asking why all we eat is hot dogs, chips and beer. 😄

Friend that was camping with us left last night as he had to work today. My son was freaked out as it was only going to be he and I and the coyotes were howling. Friends dog decided to stay and son came back from hiding in the tent to sit by the fire as I cleaned up.....so much for putting any faith in Dad and his .357 magnum.

Mans best friend is where its at.

PA079962[1].JPG

Skittles stayed with us all night curled up beside my chain saw...

PA079965[1].JPG

Best eating camp trip ever.

PA079964[1].JPG

PA079966[1].JPG

What made it possible.

PA079967[1].JPG

Last shot of pristine horizons unmarred by man........

PA079968[1].JPG

Those cows in front are dropping the same stuff as AOC.

Showed the wife this thread...told her we’re going camping choose the weekend.