• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Glass addict seeks help! K525i or wait for new Tangent Theta reticle????

kujuak

Private
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2017
It's come to this. My problem ( a first world problem I must admit).

RPR 1st generation with K624i, bought scope because I decided to get an AI/AT and planned to put it on the AI when I got it, then.....
Got AI/AT, , really loved my K624i and through mental gymnastics figured I should get another K624i since I was so used to using one and still like my RPR and eventually would sell the RPR should I get another high end long range rifle and put it on another high end Long range rifle, but....
RPR rifles in my area have NO resale value, so I have decided to keep it, shoot it, wear out the barrel (6.5 Creedmoor) rebarrrel this winter in ? something I haven't tried 260? 6XC??? )
Soo, the AX ( elite sand) I special ordered last year arrived today, I ended up "saving" $1,000 with exchange rate changes etc... ( I keep saying "saved" $$ , a common theme and delusion of serious gun cranks).

So should I:

1- Buy Athlon scope $1500 approx (Canadian), put it on the RPR, shift K624i to my new toy and go shooting.

2-Buy Athlon above, put it on RPR ,shift K624i to new toy, order K525i ( or wait for new reticle TT scope) and put it on new toy when scope arrives and have a spare scope for one of my hunting rifles, currently unscoped, and put the K624i back on the RPR by then sporting a new super dooper 6XC or ? barrel.

3- Or.....

waiting, not patiently for further user reviews of the new K525i scope.

Would love objective opinions . All above folly being funded by selling off items from 40 years of gun accumulating so no innocents will be harmed whatever I decide.

Off to the range now:cool:

Looking forward to reviews on the 525 as well.

Personally, I seldom sell a gun; so I would get another optic that you will be happy with and have fun shooting.