• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Glass bedding a b&c?

OGBlueLeader

Private
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2012
BOISE IDAHO
I recently bought a Bell and Carlson m40 stock and havent been out to shoot it with the new tupperware, but i was shooting +/- 1 moa with the stock hogue on my 700. I got a quote for 250 from a gunsmith to glass bed my action. Is this ridiculous or about right for the service and is it necessary?

Thanks for the advice!

I recently bought a Bell and Carlson m40 stock and havent been out to shoot it with the new tupperware, but i was shooting +/- 1 moa with the stock hogue on my 700. I got a quote for 250 from a gunsmith to glass bed my action. Is this ridiculous or about right for the service and is it necessary?

Thanks for the advice!

Chris Mathews did my 700VS 223 for a 100 bucks, I low balled him, lol. Why dont you shoot it before you have it bedded, my SPSS shoots .5moa out to 300yds with an unbedded H S stock.

Ill take it out sunday to see how my groups look before I do it but I was also going to get the stock inletted for a dbm at the same time. what about az precision? anyone for or against their work?