• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Glass bedding a Tikka T3 .308 Wood Stock

medbill

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2003
www.america4rmarines.org
Hey Guys,
I'm starting a project due to some POI shifts and opening up groups on this beautiful rifle I own. I'm ordering a steel recoil lug and getting ready to order glass bedding kit. It will be my first attempt and I'm looking for suggestions on which bedding kit do you guys like to use? My gunsmith guru passed away a few years ago and I know he liked Brownell's Acraglass kits. Lastly whats the trick to getting a clean straight line at the end of the bedding in front of the receiver? I know its just an aesthetic thing but I like to do things so that when done it looks right. I've been watching the videos on you tube and I know I can do this. I just want to know any tricks and if anyone has done a tikka t3 with that different recoil lug set up. This is the lightest rifle I own and I'd like to get it back into rotation this hunting season. I have a few monsters lurking in my hunting woods that need killin.

PS: Great to be back on The Hide!

Bill

Devcon plastic steel putty or slow cure JB weld. Use Johnson’s paint wax for release agent. Good fix for tikkas

I use Marine-Tex gray and kiwi neutral shoe polish