• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Glass for an old Remington 541s?

hydro556

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2007
STL, home of the Cardinals.
I have a really nice Remington 541s, made in 1972. I recently acquired it from an older gentleman in NY. When I bought it, I asked him if he had any appropriate glass for it, that is both compact and has good glass. He mentioned that he had an older Leupold Vari-X compact 3-9x33.

When I got it, I was pleased with the scope for what I paid, but it is not really appropriate for the 22lr. It has fixed parallax, and that doesnt help.

I want something with the same footprint. A 1" tube (because thats what rings I now have) 3-9 range, and a 33 or 40 mm objective. But I want adjustable parallax, and wouldnt mind stepping up the Leupold line to get one of their higher end optics.

I have paid zero attention to this type of glass for a long time so I dont really know what are the old standby's or what may have recently released that is considered a great rimfire optic. Something from Leupold or Vortex would be great, but I am open to any decent values. What do you guys think I should be looking at?

Re: Glass for an old Remington 541s?

Leupold 3-9x33 E.F.R or the 4.5-14x40 AO (my favorite) are hard to beat for a nice sporting rimfire rifle. If you like to dial for shots you can buy either one with the CDS system.

Re: Glass for an old Remington 541s?

Ill suggest one also . I have this on my CZ/22 lr.
Leupold var-x 3,4.5-14x40,(long range).I like the side parallax adjustment turrent.I think its a 30 mm tube.
by the by nice rifle ,should prove very accurate.