• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Glass for Vudoo ??

natchomamma

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2019
I'm considering the Viper PST gen II 5-25 FFP EBR-7C MRAD for my new Vudoo build. Would this scope be overkill for NRL22? I want to stay in this price range for a scope. Should I consider other options?

you should check the rimfire forum
there are already 1-2 threads on this already
prob get better info than starting over

...great scope for a vudoo, your fine

sightron s3 10x50x56 is nice great to see groups on paper at 300 yards .but easy to loose shots in dark spots on the target if the sun or not in your favor or closer indoor at 50 feet . Then again I am still stuck on the delta hands down nicer looking through it than the sightron but it is more money at 1600 .

Last edited:
sightron s3 10x50x56 is nice great to see groups on paper at 300 yards .but easy to loose shots in dark spots on the target if the sun or not in your favor or closer indoor at 50 feet . Then again I am still stuck on the delta hands down nicer looking through it than the sightron but it is more money at 1600 .

Not a good choice for the OP’s intent of using for nrl22

Reactions: brianf
So as noted this topic has been covered, but yeah, I actually think it's the perfect optic for NRL22. 25 yard min parallax, decent enough glass, great reticle, solid turrets.

IMO- You’re spending close to 2k for a barreled action- Get whatever is closest to the “big brother” rifles scope and add-ons. From turrets to reticle, try to get something close to your centerfore setup.

My vudoo is an exact copy of my big rifle, down to the stock, trigger, rail, rings, level. Setup the exact same.

Look at the Athlon Ares ETR 34mm 4.5-30x56. I moved up from that to a Trijicon AccuPower 34mm 5-50x56. Both mounted on 20MOA rail. IMO you can't have too much scope on a Vudoo. Aim small, hit small. (y)

Elevation is the Achilles heel of that scope. I had to get creative with a sloped base + signature zee rings to squeeze every last bit of elevation out of mine.

I actually put my Diamondback tactical on it. So far I like it. This is the first 50 shots with my brand new Vudoo. I'm a happy camper.

IMG_6494.JPG

Last edited:
Yikes! Scary accurate and precise. (y)

JFR

I'm gonna test drive my Athlon ETR on my V-22 (when I receive it) even tho I bought the scope for my 224V.