• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes glass quality Mark 5HD vs Mark 6

I have access to several mk6 3-18, but only 5-25 mk5hd.

To me the Mark 5 is clearer, easier eye box, and better turrets (1 more revolution).

I don't know if there is even a difference in the glass, but I'd save the money and go mk5.

I had both a 3-18x44 Mk 6 with Illuminated TMR reticle and a 3.6-18x44 Mk 5 with a non-illuminated TMR. The glass on the Mark 5 was undeniably clearer and brighter. I now have a Mk 5 in 5-25x56 with a CCH reticle and it is also very, very clear and tracks well. Much better glass than a T5Xi 5-25x56 that I previously owned.

I have said it before in other threads but IMO the MK5 is the best rifle scope for the money and as good as or better than a lot that are more expensive. I sold all my PMIIs & ATACRs after getting my 1st MK5, and I would do it again. The only downside of the MK5 is the lack of reticle options...

I just sold 2 kahles and bought a 5-25 and a 7-35 MK5s both with the CCH reticle.

Love these scopes...glass is fantastic and the CCH reticle is nice..solid turrets..easy to adjust zero and you can adjust/zero the parallax...very forgiving eye box.

Just picked up a MK5 as well. 3.6-18x44. I have always been a NF fan but this MK5 is a nice scope for the money.

Reactions: 1911hombre
How’s the dusk dawn on these for hunting .

This is a specific area of interest to me as well as I feel it is an excellent indicator of optical quality throughout the light spectrum, if a scope is good with no to very poor lighting then it will be great with good light. I did side by side comparisons with 2 different MK5s and my PMIIs & ATACRs (all 5-25) in rain, on an excessively cloudy/stormy day, and a few different days over several hours during sunset all the way to complete dark. Each time the MK was noticeably brighter in the low light and showed more detail in the dark & shadows. I truly didn’t expect those results...

Same as 47 guy.....just picked up first MK5 HD this year and my god is that glass clear. I haven't hunted with it yet but will this winter. I've got a couple Leupy scopes, Steiner and NF. This Mk5 is amazing. I dont even want to look through a 6.......ughhh.