• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Glass suggestions please

Sidk

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2009
Vegas
Well I broke down the other day, Bass Pro has the Remmy 700 SPS Varmint HB in 308 and a 26" barrel. You know, the one with the Xmark trigger and the houge stock for $569. with a $40. rebate. I just couldn't resist.

Anyway, I'm stealing the Leupold MK4 off my FNAR and putting it on the new Remmy. The FNAR will be used from say 100y to 700y max. So, I've looking for a replacement for the FNAR. I've been looking at the SWFA SS 16x42 Tactical 30mm. I've also been looking at some of the Millet scopes but I'm leary, I've heard both good and bad from Millet. Any recommendations for glass under $500 would be great.

Re: Glass suggestions please

I have a Millett Buck Gold. Was happy with it until it shifted zero on me. That's damn frustrating in the middle of running a series of load tests.
mad.gif

It's going back to the factory. I've replaced it with a Viper PST FFP. Much better scope.

Maybe a used Bushnell elite 3-12x 44 FFP.

I would take a hard look at the 3-10 weaver grand slam tactical. On sale now for 300.

If you are on a budget you may also look at the bushy 5-15x

The WoTac 4.5-14x44 FFP looks good and is getting some decent reviews.

If the SS came in mil/mil with the 16x model I would be all over it. I'm looking at some Falcon Menace's listed in the classified here. I also like the Wotac. The Wotac listed above, I guess its made in USA and besides a few complaints with the knobs, it looks like a solid piece with little to no bad reviews, and will be about $400 shipped. I see a Falcon Menace FFP 5.5-25 for $400. shipped. Which ones do you think is the better deal?

By all accounts Matt Wonders is a stand-up guy.
However, there has been a few threads recently detailing troubles getting issues resolved with him.

The WOTAC most certainly isn't made in the US, it's strait from the heart of chingchongchinaland. I don't see how anybody could recommend one of those with a strait face unless they just use their rifle as a conversation piece.

Well I did end up finding some complaints. I hope its good because I just bought the 4-14x44 FFP unit. I'll give a review once I've got it on the rifle and put some rounds down range.