• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Glass....Was about to grab a Nightforce, now curious about Kahles

Blasst

Sergeant
Minuteman
started looking at the 624i and wondering how people like them. I've always heard good things about them...though the Nightforce has more elevation if memory serves.
I was about to get an ATACR 5-25 F1 and for some reason the Kahles came to mind. Experiences or opinions????
Thanks, as always,
Jim

started looking at the 624i and wondering how people like them. I've always heard good things about them...though the Nightforce has more elevation if memory serves.
I was about to get an ATACR 5-25 F1 and for some reason the Kahles came to mind. Experiences or opinions????
Thanks, as always,
Jim

I've had both (Gen 2 Kahles), I don't think you could go wrong with either of them. I had a simple mil hash reticle in both if I recall. Ended up selling them and switching over to S&B. I think they are all kind of in that same boat and it's just a matter of which reticle and features do you want.

not the same scope but i currently have a kahles 1050. great scope, glass is as good as you get, really good knobs as well. having both over a period of time, take the one that has the features that you like the best. if you miss the bullseye it wont be because of the scope with either one.
i put my scopes in one piece spuhr mounts (bubble level in the mount..less crap hanging off to get knocked out of adjustment).

there are some pretty good prices on the S&B's lately...especially with the simple reticles which is what I prefer. I hate the horus and don't even care for the various christmas tree types. I can do holdovers just as well with a simple reticle. Their are markdowns on some of the S&B's. The Kahles seems to be unwavering. I actually like a lot of things about the Kahles.

Every time I look at The Beast I mostly see features I don't care about or want to pay for. I'm leaning towards the S&B but want to find one somewhere to look at.

ATACR F1 are like the Beast without the fancy turrets. Take a look at the new MIL-C reticle.
The S&B models with larger magnication ranges might be worth it if you need it.

I also was thinking NF but ended up with a S&B. I have 2 Kahles and the tracking is spot and the glass is very good. I have never had an issue on either of my Kahles. The reason I went S&B was I shoot a lot at 1000+ yards and the S&B I just a better to my eye and the pricing was very good on the S&B

I haven't shot past 1k, but I preferred both the glass and reticle from my Gen 3 Kahles compared to my new Nightforce Mil-C. You really can't go wrong with either one.

S#it,my bad thought this was the "ELR" page, not the scopes page. Anyone got an opinion on which is better- Barrett M82 or a PVS-14?

but I preferred both the glass and reticle from my Gen 3 Kahles compared to my new Nightforce Mil-C. You really can't go wrong with either one.
I'm the opposite and feel the NF F1 has better glass. Kahles wins in reticle and range focus, way forgiving. I have a new 7-35 NF coming tomorrow, can't wait.

I'm the opposite and feel the NF F1 has better glass.

NF has great glass, but what scope doesn't at that price range. The Kahles just had better color pop which some prefer.

At this price range, pick the reticle one likes and go unless a scope's features will benefit them. I hold for wind, so LSW didn't really help me. I am also a boring prone shooter so I preferred the parallax in its traditional position. I would still love to have a Kahles again if the price was right.

And while I haven't shot past 1k, that doesn't mean I haven't spent time glassing targets past 1k.

You'll do well with either. But if you do the NF jump up to the 7-35. I also agree that the Kahles has a bit better glass, it does have a better color range. But, the Kahles has just a slight bit of CA, not horrible, some can't see it, others can. Most all scopes and cameras have a slight bit of CA, its the nature of the beast because of the manufacturing process.

flip a coin.

Deano

I've got both. I like both.

The Kahles is lighter and is brighter to my eyes. I like the Kahles features like the parallax on the top and the (optional) windage on the left.

The Kahles has 25.5 mils of elevation. The NF has 35 mils of elevation, 37% more. This may not be a big deal on a short action caliber. It's a huge deal on a rifle you plan to use for XLR distances.

I've got both. I like both.

The Kahles is lighter and is brighter to my eyes. I like the Kahles features like the parallax on the top and the (optional) windage on the left.

The Kahles has 25.5 mils of elevation. The NF has 35 mils of elevation, 37% more. This may not be a big deal on a short action caliber. It's a huge deal on a rifle you plan to use for XLR distances.

Yeah I decided to get a nightforce for the elevation. This is for a DTA 338 I'm working on 2000 meters. :)) There are some amazing sales on S&Bs right now also and I couldn't resist getting a 5-25....I'm such a swine

Last edited: