• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

glenfield 75

opelboy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2010
ohio
does anyone know where to look up how old my glenfield model 75 is? i got it several years ago from a guy who got it in an estate auction. he said he never shot it and the original owner never shot it. it definitely looks like its never been shot. i have the original box with the scope in its box and all the paperwork except the receipt(with date). i looked around online a little with no solid answers except theyre not worth anything and theyre the same as a marlin mod 60. maybe i didnt look enough
confused.gif
the only reason i bought it was because my dad has one that he got new when he was very young and i liked the idea of having my own that was like new. his shoots great and has definitely been shot a lot...by me when he wasnt home
whistle.gif
any info would be appreciated

Re: glenfield 75

I don't know for sure how one dates a Glenfield but here's an exsert from a brief history of Marlin semi-auto rifles. Glenfield as you know was just a renamed Marlin.

The Glenfield Model 75 was an economy version of the 99M1 but not a standard catalog item. It was sold as a promotional item. It had no hand guard and did not have walnut wood. It was made, probably not continuously, from 1967-1982. In 1983 when the Glenfield brand name was discontinued it became the Marlin Model 75C with a longer tubular magazine but minus the swivels and barrel band. The Marlin 75C was last listed in the 1992 GUN DIGEST. Models designated as Glenfield 75C may exist but this writer has found no official record of them.

Here's a link to the history. I'm sure some were there's alist of S/N and dates. I would start with the Marlin Firearms Company and see it there records contain the info you want.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287791