• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Globe sight's???

ta6ppc

Private
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2009
Ft. Worth TEXAS
What brand should I go with for my PSS/palma style shooting rig?

also I have seen these attached to the base in stead of the action what type of base is already drilled and tapped for these?

I also saw a neat little mirage shield that was retractable that just simply cliped on the the front globe in case you had a quick disconnect scope set up, Where would a good supplier for the above needed items be?

Re: Globe sight's???

I'm not sure I understand your question, but, you can attach irons to a Remington 700 P using a Lipski barrel band/dovetail base to accomodate the front sight; and, a Lipski Weaver Rail adapter with interface to accomodate the desired rear sight.

Champion Shooters Supply, or Creedmore Sports has the sights, bases, and the elastic mirage bands. The bands hook over the front globe sight, and the front scope base(or one base screw in the front receiver ring).

While you're looking at OK Webers site, a variable aperture front insert is what to get for Palma. The one with one horizontal bar. The bull gets really small when you get to 1K!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xs hedspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Champion Shooters Supply, or Creedmore Sports has the sights, bases, and the elastic mirage bands. The bands hook over the front globe sight, and the front scope base(or one base screw in the front receiver ring). </div></div>

I know that Lyman and Redfield USED to make top quality sights. Both of the above mentioned should help you locate whatever you are looking for. If you can, get the model that has the interchangable inserts. I helped a friend put a Lyman model on his small bore rifle (Rem 521 ?)a few weeks back. Sometimes changing inserts can make a world of difference.