• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Glock 17 recoil spring

Lonewolf762

Private
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2005
Netherlands.
I wanne replace the plastic recoil spring unit by something more solid, maybe even a tungsten. Now my question is to what spring weight would be advisable i shoot NATO ammo only so they are pretty heavy loaded?

Re: Glock 17 recoil spring

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spr1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">factory is 17lbs. I would stick there. </div></div>

Agree

I understand. I pretty much only run A363 9mm ball. It issues a beating on your gun. I have a sprinco recoil reducing in my 17. If you go to sprinco.com the one you need will be listed. Call the contact info on the site and let them know you will be shooting A363 ball. The guy there will tune your reducer specifically for that round. Mine runs great, no issues.

There ain't nothing wrong with the stock recoil assy, don't clean your Glock and you'll never break it.

Like 427 said, the stock recoil spring and guide rod are well engineered and very reliable.

If you have already made your decision to change them out then Wolf Springs would be my recommendation. http://www.gunsprings.com/home