• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Glock 17L or 34...

K_4c

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 13, 2008
    Nebraska
    I'm thinking about selling my G19 & Advance Arms .22cal conversion in hopes of finding a G17L or G34... whats the difference between the 17L and G34 and which do you prefer?

Thanks for any feedback.

Kinnamon

Re: Glock 17L or 34...

34 is a little shorter(barrel length like 6 vs 5 1/3 inches if memory serves correctly), 34 is a little lighter and in my mind better balanced, prefer the 34 over the 17L though honestly fairly similar

Keep the 19 overall much more useful.Barring that the 34 the 17l is to long.

Do you want a combat/ccw handgun?

Or do you prefer a holstered sidearm camore suited to matches?

only you can decide

For me i own (2) glock 23s, same size as the 19.

I use handguns as sidearms, companions to a rifle usually.

If your handgun serves as a primary/only weapon, then the longer barrel makes a bit more sense.

ive shot a 34 before and while its a great gun i just dont see a terribly large advantage over a 17/19 in a rifle match.. if i was shooting IPSC or IDPA that might be a different story

Another option is:
    You can get a new stainless steel aftermarket slide/complete upper from Lone Wolf that'll work on the Glock 19 frame. You just need to add a longer dust cover for the longer slide. Glock 17 & 34 mags will stll work but stick out the bottom a little but works well if you prefer the Glock 19 grip size.

http://lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1099

The G35 and KKM 9mm conversion barrel is hard to beat.

You will end up with both .40 and 9mm calibers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hooper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The G35 and KKM 9mm conversion barrel is hard to beat.

You will end up with both .40 and 9mm calibers. </div></div>

I've been told that it's even sweeter to shoot in 9mm because the conversion barrel is heavier than the barrel on a G34. Been thinking of the combo and maybe even getting a .357 Sig barrel for it, if such a thing exists.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hooper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The G35 and KKM 9mm conversion barrel is hard to beat.

+1 Its a nice tight heavy barrel, along with the sight radius of the G34/35. You can train with cheaper 9mm, then switch out barrel in 30 seconds and carry your '.40' when leaving the range.

Just keep the ammo and mags in 2 separate containers...

The most accurate handgun I have shot it the glock 17L. This includes several Wilson 1911s.

+100000

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Storm Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hooper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The G35 and KKM 9mm conversion barrel is hard to beat.

+1 Its a nice tight heavy barrel, along with the sight radius of the G34/35. You can train with cheaper 9mm, then switch out barrel in 30 seconds and carry your '.40' when leaving the range.

Just keep the ammo and mags in 2 separate containers... </div></div>

How does this work with the larger breech face of 40 cal.

I have a 19, and a 35. I have the lone wolf 9mm conversion barrel in the 35. It is accurate, and functions well however with light reloads I have ejection problems. Its easy to put the 9mm ejector in so I'm going to try that. As far as the 19 I find the grip frame to be to small for my hands.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Storm Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hooper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The G35 and KKM 9mm conversion barrel is hard to beat.

Just keep the ammo and mags in 2 separate containers... </div></div>

How does this work with the larger breech face of 40 cal. </div></div>
    The barrel is basically a 9mm with a .40 breech face. Even the ejector gets t stay as I have never seen one that did not work with the .40 ejector. But if it had some issues all that is needed is a 9mm trigger assembly.