• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Glock 19 ammo recommendation

EdO

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2008
Louisiana, SRVN
Gentlemen,

Sending the lady to class w/ a Glock 19 and need to get her ammo - at least 1k . . . I'm on a demanding schedule and very short on time to buy-test/re-load so if anyone can tell me what loaded ammo they've had success with I would really appreciate it . . . . Thanks, Ed

Re: Glock 19 ammo recommendation

Lets see here I have shot all kinds of stuff thru my 19 to include but not limited to S&B brass washed steel case, Fiocchi, S&B in the green box, Winchest white box, hand loads of various bullet combos, mostly Berry's plated bullets. Ive shot 115grain factory fodder, 115grain reloads of MY making, 124 grain reloads of my making.

I havent tried any RWS or any aluminum cased stuff. And I found that the Federal value pack is a little on the inconsistant side, but will usually work as long as you arent trying to run it suppressed.

In my experience, Glocks in general, and especially 9mm glocks will run just about everything. I've shot 10's of thousands of rounds of CCI Blazer in both aluminum cases and brass. The winchester white box you can find at walmart i've shot a lot of as well. It all works 100% for me.

Midsouth has a decent price on some 9mm blazer, but i don't know how much they have. shows "low stock"

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=000203509

I like Brass case stuff, from Winchester or Federal 115 grain for training, and I have winchester silvertips and federal hydashocks for defense

Appreciate the info men . . . checking availability of your recommendations . . . want to send her with accurate and reliable . . . . Ed

The only ammo I have had trouble with (accuracy wise) was WWB. For some reason it shifted POI almost 6 inches to the left. Everything else I have shot including Wolf steel cased shoots just fine.

-Z

ive shot my 19 with brass, aluminum and steel cased ammo, and fwiw it has fed all of them reliably, just a rough estimate but im pretty sure my 19 is reaching the 10K mark and is still running good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anything but Wolf</div></div>

What he said, have shot pretty much everything but, haven't cleaned my 19 in 2 or 3 years and it ain't missed a beat!!!