• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

glock 19 gen 5-17r mags?

mosin46

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2010
florida 32621
i have looked everywhere i know of and can not find them. they are made for the 19x and 17 but i can't find any info on whether 19x or17 17r mags will work reliably in a 19 gen 5. anybody know? not really wanting to experiment unless some + experience. don't need more no use for mags-have a bunch.

Copied your title and hit google this cam up "Gun Mag warehouse $25"

17rd mags work fine in a 19 but dont sit flush. 24 and 33rd mags also work fine.

Sleeves serve no purpose other than to pinch your hand on a reload.

that would be fine there are sleeves around,i think.
I’m almost positive the mags you’re thinking of with the sleeves are the 19 round magazines that were originally for the Glock 19X.

They will work in a regular Glock 19, but even with the sleeve, they’ll protrude farther below the grip than the standard 17 round mags.

I personally use the g17 mags in my g19 gen 5. They work fine. Not a flush fit though. I will say that the lower centered weight seems to help my groups as well.